Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Do you know if they have the single player computer AI into trade negotiating in the multiplayer? Basically, my ideal is having the single player experience with some friends in a league without all the fuss. They can initiate and do trades with the AI teams directly.

I’m curious, why do you have so many bronze players? You can fill up a team with mid-to-high silvers pretty easily in the AH with the starting funds and your first couple 400pp earnings from first-win and such. Silvers just seem just across the board better. Are you just partial to some players or am I missing out that there are some better bronze players?

In the leagues I’ve been in only the commisioner can perform trades. The other players can’t even shop players to the AI. So you have to message the commish with a trade proposal for an AI team and he has to see if they except or not.

Lame.

I’d look at the options in the league setup screens though. Regular online leagues are setup like @pizzaddict describes to avoid players taking advantage of the AI. It still might be possible to set the league up where it is allowed to do trades with the AI.

Edit: I should add that I’ve never been in an online league so it might be that all trades have to be done manually. I thought from what I read that they just had to be approved.

They are performing well and I am winning. As long as that occurs, I’ll just save up my PP to address any holes that come up as I advance.

Some example of my bronze players:
Dominic Leone, CL - 0.78 ERA, 22 SV this season (Silver), 2.90 ERA 34 SV last season (Bronze)
Nick Wittgren, Matt Grace, RP - ERA+ of 134 & 207, respectively
Zach Davies, SP - ERA+ of 129 last season, 101 this season (likely candidate for upgrade soon)
Mickey Rivers, backup OF - .778 OPS last season, .694 this season
Mike Zunino, C - .762 OPS, 1.2 WAR,13 HR is 58 games so far this season
Jody Davis, C - .684 OPS, 37% CS

If they continue to produce results, I am in no hurry to replace them for an unknown card just a few points higher.

when does the regular season end? last sim of today?

Last sim of Saturday, then playoffs on Sunday. Then back to square 1 on Monday.

I just know I’m going to come home tonight and find my team has blown their wild card lead. I was trying to find some bullpen help last night on the auction house but came up empty.

I was able to pick up Larry Dierker, and then moved Roy Oswalt from the 5th spot in the rotation to a middle reliever that gets used more often. We’ll see how this using an SP in relief goes.

someone on discord mentioned I could setup chrome remote desktop so I could remote in from work and check my team, I may have to try setting that up this weekend.

It makes me sad that they aren’t supporting the Perfect Team stuff in Linux.

Especially since it works on Mac.

Just for grins, I emailed dave at statsplus, who runs a website and file-hosting service tailored to OOTP online leagues, to ask about pricing and features. You can see an example of a stats-plus website here: https://statsplus.net/clbsc/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_standings.html Personally, I’d want a site with more flair, but that example certainly works well. Again, though, I’m not sure I want to commit to being a Commish, especially as ideally the Commish would not run a team.

I am mildly curious, though, what type of leagues you guys would find interesting. Historical? Fictional? Stats-only, or ratings too? Potential ratings on or off? Etc.

In my experience with my historical OOTP online league, Commish-approved trades weren’t a big deal. In fact, I kind of liked it, because more experienced GMs were deterred from fleecing newbs. My fantasy-football league has a GM-committee that approves or disapproves trades for similar reasons, and we disable all trading after a trade deadline.

In other news, my PT team has come within 3 or 4 games of .500 after a miserable start. We have had winning records in each of the past 3 months. And I agree, it’s more fun to build a team without spending money. I haven’t spent anything – just in-game PPs for some silvers and a couple golds.

The slack integration stuff looks interesting on statsplus.

I agree that having some oversight on trades isn’t a bad thing. I wish there’d been a committee like that in the statis-pro football league I took part in during high school. Probably would’ve saved me from the worst trade I’ve ever made in a game. Massive Dallas-Minnesota type thing, and a week later Testaverde showed everyone he was “color blind”. Completely gutted the wonderful draft I’d had the week before, and had spent all summer working towards.

Historical could be fun, but I’d probably enjoy anything.

Bronze players can and will do better than some silver and even gold (less common). The point is you can save PP instead of spending it… it does add up. Also the complaint that you will always be beat by those who spend more is obvious, but in my current leagues, I haven’t spent a dime yet, and I am 12 games up in my second week team and 2 games up on my first week team. Its competitive and generally fair for the most part, you can still field a good to very good team (90+ wins) without buying pp at all (at least in bronze leagues). Its just fun to watch the sims play out… you can hide scores and watch the games as full replays or as highlights without knowing results! If you have any baseball stat obessesiveness… its worth it.

Currently right now I have an all Cubs team to play the end of the starter league… so cool to see less than bronze players actually do well… Alec Mills is doing well for me, still starter league though!

I picked up a Dierker card in the second month of season this week. He’s been lights out for me!

Don’t mind the 3.10 era… except for a few blowouts hes been a sub 2 era pitcher!

Well, I guess I’ll just have to join in on my desktop.

A convincing win in the 11th inning for the mighty Argonauts of Elsdorf.

inning

Leadoff ‘hitter’ Roy A. Thomas, 1901 Unsung Hero, is batting .192 but gets on base at a .400 clip.

oh man, 1 more run in that inning and you would have gotten the 400pp achievement

Someone in my gold league just had a perfect game. I bet that is a nice amount of pp.