Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Hey, just realized I made it to silver! I could have sworn it said only the top 2 teams got promotions last season but apparently I read it wrong. Also leading my division with a 18-7 record right now. However there is a team in my conference with a perfect Trout, perfect Betts, and perfect Dimaggio.

I was 13-4 at one point today. Currently … 13-13 on a 9 game losing streak, moving from 1st to last in the division.

I did that in reverse. I opened 0-6, leveled out for a bit and then won seven in a row so now I’m 13-13.

Congrats! I’m not sure how many are promoted/demoted from each league, but its definitely more than two.

My two bronze teams didn’t get promoted. One finished with 101 wins and the other 99 wins, but we bowed out in the first round of the playoffs in interesting fashion.

Both of the teams are “concept” teams built around their home park - one is “lefty only” with a park favoring lefties and the other is a “small ball” team with a park punishing power. In the pair of playoff series, we dropped the first 2 games at home, won the next game on the road and then won the fourth game in extra innings (this is in both series - they both went in extra innings the fourth game!). We then came home to the field that has favored us all year only lose the two series. I’m not sure what the odds are we fail in exactly the same way with both teams, but here we are, back in bronze.

We are off to a good start though - the “lefties” are 23-3 in B225 and “small ball” (after a terrible beginning) is now 16-10 in B213.

My winning run continues and I’m now 19-13 in Silver, after opening 0-6.

1989 Expos Pitcher Mark Langston, (silver, rated 72), is going completely ham for me. He’s 6-0 in seven starts, with 2.07 ERA and 63 Ks in 52 innings pitched. Plus he has 103 stamina, so if he’s having a good outing he just casually throws the complete game and gives your pen the night off.

He’s on the auction house right now with a Buy Now price of 200PP.

After a couple of outstanding seasons, both my teams are now in last place in their divisions!

I’ve been holding off on upgrading my all-Red Sox (bronze) team; no longer. I acquired Dennis Eckersley (in his closer mode) and JD Martinez (for DH duties). Still not at an all-Bosox lineup yet, but getting closer.

Edit: And wouldn’t you know, in their first game, Martinez was POTG (2 for 2 with a double, 2 walks and an RBI) and Eckersley had a perfect inning for his first save.

Dierker has been a beast for me too:

The Expats have been out bid on two different gold RF. They are hanging on to second place in the division and above .500 (when I checked before work) but we needed to improve somewhere. So I punted and picked up Garry Maddox. His bat isn’t a good as I wanted but he allows Victorino to move over to RF.

Stearns, C
Gonzalez, 1b
Biggio, 2b
Smith, ss
Turner, 3b
Acuna, lf
Maddox, cf
Victorino, rf

is a pretty good defensive lineup. Now we’ll see how well they hit in silver.

Holy Schmidt, I was just sitting here, too tired from a busy day at work to play a game or even watch a show, waiting for the next sim, when I decided to spend 1000 points that accumulated during the day on a bronze pack. And who popped up but Mr. Cy Young himself:

Folks will assume I’m a whale for having him. So maybe I’ll see what he fetches on the AH.

Wow! Congrats!

Congrats!

I was bored at work and bought a pack today too, got a couple sweet bronze cards out of it :(
I did go on the AH and buy my first diamond card though, picked up a Christian Yelich and he’s been tearing it up for me in silver today.

de Grom is going for around 23K at auction. Decisions… decisions…

What is the auto sell price on perfects these days? In beta you could just sell it straight out for something like 40k, but they dropped it down.

My gold team finally got a somewhat decent pull in gold Record Breaker Jesse Burkett, who plays decently for my diamond. Better than all the irons and bronze lately anyways. I already have Pete Rose in LF, so now have to figure out which one replaces Kenny Lofton in CF. I really need to replace Molina at C, he has been doing horrible at G level.

Grrrrr, have a team in our league that has a reserve roster full of diamonds and golds, and an active roster of bronze and iron players. Currently 11-42.

you should report them

Why report them, they are just trying to cosplay as Tampa Bay!

I was out of town and out of touch for a few days, and my Kluane Rangers won their division and went to the playoffs. I can see some acheivements related to the playoffs, but I can’t find a way to look at the box scores or replays of the games from last season, so I’m not entirely sure how it all played out. Anyone know a way to look at games from a prior season?

Anyway, I’m in silver .308 now, and getting stomped. Good news is that I came out of last season with 7500PP, so there’s some resources to continue development.

So in the next update they are adding an option that will help you control how you get promoted/relegated. Now you can keep it random like it is now, set it to stay in the same league (assuming you don’t get promoted/relegated), or set it to promote/relegate with friends. Also, you will now be able to have 30 friends.

On that note my username is Fleetwood if anyone wants to friend me so we can be in the same league if possible.

Just saw that. We all need to friend each other and then maybe we’ll get put in leagues together.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=297975

I am KWhit.