Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

This Perfect Team mode is pretty cool, its basically like the Ultimate Team or somesuch in the console sports games, but instead its simulated… what I like is it simulates a WHOLE season with each day played 30 minutes in realtime (i think a full season is about a week or so). So you can be as micromanagey as you want.

You can bid for better cards… but as always they top teams seem to be people who spend real $$$$ on the best cards. You can slowly earn points to open packs etc, but my issue is, if you are gonna use real players can you at least get the photos of them? More than half the cards are empty faces… looks beta. But anyway the gameplay is pretty solid and its addictive.

From what I’ve read from users on reddit, it sounds very much pay to win. Has that seemed the case?

It should get better after a few seasons as people get spread out between the different league levels, but right now it is a bit painful as there are teams in the gold leagues that are basically all perfect and diamond cards. My main team is just above the relegation zone in a gold league this season, and when you are outclassed like that it is hard to earn perfect points to get packs or spend in the auction house to improve your team. It is slow going.

I’m suprised this hasn’t been put in already. Would love to have a easier way to have a simulated baseball league online with ootp plus a regular draft. Also have the game simmed in a timed manner similar to this mode.

I’m tempted to buy OOTP 19 during this sale, but it’s also supposed to be showing up in a Humble Bundle next month. On top of that, I’d only be buying for the perfect team mode and it sounds like that will be free in the next mobile version they release.

It should be a no-brainer at this point, now that they have implemented being able to give them money for Perfect team. Just charge people a small fee to host for a season.

Yes, the next mobile version is supposed to have Perfect Team built in.

When Markus did his AMA a little while back he sure made it seem that online leagues were not a high priority for them. When people asked questions about future features for online leagues, he pretty much just kept saying they are always looking to improve but think it is pretty good now.

The way some of these teams look, they must be making some decent money out of Perfect Team.

I picked up David Cone’s 1994 season card… he already has 2 shutouts in 2 starts… for only 35 pp! Ah we shall see how long that lasts…this game addicitive. Also noticed they have cards for multiple years of the same player. I saw Cone 88 card.

Its ridiculous, I’m in the starter league, and theres a couple teams of completely gold lineups… that must at least been 100 dollars worth of packs opened or auctioned.

Yes, there are a number of cards for certain players. The Rookie Sensation Ichiro Suzuki is a nice card to get. It is only a bronze, but he has awesome contact and defense. Usually is hitting .300+, though this season he is struggling at .269.

I like that one of the team names for the gold pack team is MarkGracesSlumpBusters…LOL.

Example from my division, currently in 2nd place:

It is impossible to compete with that unless you want to spend $$. Other than that it is going to take forever to build a team like that pulling cards and using the auction house.

I’m still having fun though.

Degrom, Johnson, Koufax, Seaver and Sale as your starting rotation? jeebus… I just have Cone, Strassberg, Hendricks, Soroka and Quintana… barely over .500

Yeah it is pretty ridiculous, and he is the 2nd place team in the division. I’ve managed to pull a diamond/gold starting rotation, and they are getting hammered in gold league this season. Pedro Martinez, Dizzy Dean, Blake Snell, Roy Oswalt, and Luis Severino. My bullpen is all gold and silver and they are suffering as well.

Just got this ! 400 pp for a maddux shutout!

Nice! My team isn’t nearly as nice as the one I posted above:

Our run differential is negative for the 1st time this season, and is like -150 or so. I’ve managed to win enough games that I’ve got about 6 teams below me, and only the last 2 get relegated. So my goal has been to stay up in the gold league this season and not get sent back to silver.

That’s much better than mine! I don’t have any diamond. I think I might get some packs to support them for this mode after I finish this entry league.

This reminds me of the time I used to play sim Earl Weaver Baseball in late eighties with family and friends… was so damn fun.

I bought the game during the world series sale for $10, and I’d enjoyed the beta for PT enough that I gave them another $20 to make up what I would’ve paid for full price.