Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Elsdorf got bounced from Gold and is headed back to Silver. Hopefully the addition of Don Mattingly will make them a little more consistent.

My pack-only team, the Springfield Isotopes, went 104-58 in the regular season and got knocked out of the playoffs in the divisional round, so it’s another season of beating up on Bronze teams. Of particular note has been the play of B. Bonds—Bobby, the 1973 all-star, who’s hit 29 and 32 home runs these last two seasons.

Spotted this on the auction house – there’s actually one bid.

I saw some guy who mentioned how he pulled 3 Perfect Pedro Martinezes from packs - sold two of them for 500k-ish each. So there are definitely people out there with a lot of PP!

Not me, that’s for sure.

Looks like some mediocre seasons this year. After winning 100 games last year, in gold, and adding Mookie Betts and Aaron Nola in the last month of last season, Texarkana is struggling to stay above .500 in gold. Cedar Rapids look to be in a fight to avoid relegation back to silver once more as well.

The Librarians, demoted to Silver after last season, return to the post season, though barely.

So glad Mike Trout is getting some post season action.

Winning their division in this same league was @strummer’s Alan Wiggins Project. Perhaps we’ll meet in the WS! Good luck!

EDIT: Got trounced in the wildcard game after my top starter Warren Spahn gave up eight runs over five innings. Yeesh! I’m now pulling for the Alan Wiggins Project.

Made the playoffs in Diamond. Wish us luck!

It ended up being a suspenseful end to the season. Texarkana won 87 games, but fell 1 game short of a wildcard. Cedar Rapids finished with 70 wins and is tied with 2 other teams for the final relegation spot. So we’ll see if they stay in gold tomorrow.

The Lagers are in the WS but down 2-0.

I guess one good thing came out of the season for Cedar Rapids, they pulled a Clayton Kershaw to add to the rotation.

As ever, the Isotopes ended up with a playoff-caliber season (though only a wildcard this year), and got knocked out pre-promotion, for yet another year of piling on wins against the newbies.

just checked, looks like the Kraken did just enough to not get kicked out of diamond… Go team?

I lost the World Series 4-2. Ugh. But at least I get promoted to Perfect again where I can get smoked. Great, right?

finally made the playoffs in gold, bounced in the first playoff series but at least looks like my team is solidly there for a bit – I know it isn’t ready for Diamond.

I finally pulled a diamond out of a pack! '92 Dwight Evans

And it’s a historical! Nice.

So my Dwight Evans card, which is sporting an 82 home run power, has exactly 0 homers in 96 atbats so far.

Had a nice surprise of 10k pp waiting for me tonight. Dizzy Dean pitched a 19 k game for 8000 pp. Pulled a 97 Diamond Anthony Rendon. While adding him to the lineup, I noticed that somehow I no longer had a backup catcher in the lineup, and have no idea how long the depth chart had been messed up (I’m guessing a number of seasons). Both of my teams are currently chasing wildcard spots in gold.

Does anyone know will the 2018 live cards change during this season, or do they stay as what they are now?

They stay as they are.

Akron’s gone on a bit of a run and now finds themselves in the thick of the wild card hunt - crazy that due to the strength of this division all four of us still have a shot at it (I see you there Texarkana!).