Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

In Perfect, I’ve made the playoffs for the first time, as a wildcard.

And in Diamond, I’m also playoff bound.

Very impressive! Good luck!

My silver team had the second best record in the league during the regular season, then proceeded to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. Boo hoo.

Won my division and made it out of the division series with a 3-2 record. Facing off against the second place team from my division, who made it through wild card and division series. Should be a fun series. Had the third best batting average and best ERA for the regular season. I don’t have a lot of long ball hitters, which seems to be my weak point from season to season, but maybe this will be the year that gap power wins the day!

2 mediocre seasons for my teams in gold, but no danger of relegation.

The Isotopes are finally going to silver, as they’re now leading their subleague series 3-2 with two games at home remaining.

I was able to open a gold pack and five regular ones on the 10,000pp I had at the end of the season, thanks in large part to Dallas Keuchel’s 22-game win streak (which netted me 7,000). That yielded a diamond and four gold players, who will all be joining the roster prior to the championship series.

Tied up 2-2. Had a 19 inning game 3 that put most of my relief staff into very tired mode. They are still tired going into game 5, so I’ve turned on allowing my starters to pitch in relief - we’ll see how that plays out.

In Perfect, I made the wild card, but lost the wc game.

And in Diamond, I won the division but lost the Division series.

I can’t tell what happened at the end of last season. It’s a shame you can’t go back and see game results and season standings for prior seasons, because I’m often asleep prior to the end of a season, and then the next season has started before I’m awake. By looking at the PP acheivements, it looks like maybe I won the series? It says Champions! and Great Score for 1k and 2k PP respectively to end the season, at 11pm last night. Whatever the result, I’m in gold again this season, and picked up a new 1st baseman with some of the 48k PP I’ve been hoarding over the last 5 seasons. Miguel Cabrera, you have served me well, but it’s time for a rest.

I applaud your restraint at holding onto 48k PP for so long.

I kept looking at the auction house, but there wasn’t anyone who was that much better than my current players, even though I have a bronze and a bunch of silvers. So I just kept waiting, and my team kept making the playoffs. And next thing I knew, I had 48k PP. Maybe I should just buy some packs instead of targetted auction house sniping…

Yea, the auction house for 19 is pretty barren these days. Part of why I switched over to packs.

Speaking of, I had accumulated a lot of crappy cards by buying packs whenever I had 1k points and letting the players sit. Holy hell. Do not do that. The interface is awful and it took me over an hour to clean house of all the Iron, Bronze, low Silver, and duplicates that I was never going to use. In the end it net me about 5k pp which I dropped on 5 packs. After a few weeks of garbage, I finally pulled a couple players to slot in the roster in Unsung Hero Jason Varitek and Live Paul Goldschmidt.

Yeah, I wish they would fix selling multiple cards at once. They disabled it at launch because there were issues.

Tell me about it - I got a $50 windfall so I blew it on packs over the weekend. Bought 75 packs for OOTP20. Let me tell you how fun it was to manage my reserve roster and inactive list after opening 75 packs.

It kills me that to the left of each card in the roster management page is a little radio button, and that you can select multiple cards… but then nothing you do affects more than one card. How about a “make all iron cards inactive” or “make all cards with ratings between x and y inactive” (where you could set X and Y)? But noooooo I gotta do every freaking action one at a time.

It also kills me that activating a card happens instantly but DEactivating a card requires you to confirm the action. Hey guys, it’s a SYMMETRIC ACTION, plus there is no downside to deactivating a card so WHY NOT LET ME DO IT WITH ONE CLICK AND NO CONFIRMATION.

They didn’t fix it for ootp20? That sucks.

Won the series in my Gold league, excited to see how bad I am in Diamond!!

Congrats @path12 on the series win!

They need to change the sound of opening packs. I’ve set it to the fast spped to hurry up the process, but now when I do it I always have this running through my head:

Buddy, you’re a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin’

Today I learned that you aren’t credited with a hit if you reach first base as the result of a fielder’s choice. In an Argonauts game earlier in the season, Paul Goldschmidt had five runs on two clean hits and a walk. Both times he reached on a fielder’s choice, Chuck Klein hit a home run on the next pitch to drive him in.

One month left in the season Texarkana are leading their division in gold. They have only played roughly .500 ball the last 2 months, but had a monster start to the season. Cedar Rapids is having another poor season. I seem to have pitchers that like to throw kid’s though, as the leaderboard is full of pitchers from my 2 teams.

A nice 5000pp outing by Severino:

severino-w

Holy schmidt!

Meanwhile one of my teams was five games out in third place at the start of September this morning. I was away all day and came back tonight I found the team in first, with a healthy 3 game lead and a magic number of 4 with 6 games to go. A pleasant surprise. They crushed the ball in September while the former division leader stunk up the league.