Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Won the opener and dropped game 2. Now we are off to Chicago for 3 games.

Edit: Up 3 games to 1 now. 1 more game in Chicago, and then we head back home. Jesse Burkett is looking like he will be the Series MVP after being the MVP for the Sub League Series as well.

Edit 2: And they finally bring home a trophy (I think this is the 3rd attempt), winning all 3 games in Chicago. Burkett did grab the series MVP again.

gold-trophy

Congrats @vyshka!

I lost game 7 of the WS.

And my other team made it to the playoffs but lost the division series. Not a very good Sunday for my clubs.

I was up on the librarians 2-1 in our best of 5, and am not sure what happened with the rest of the playoffs, but I’m still in Silver this year, so I must have dropped the last 2 games there. Oh well. Just spent a bunch of the 47k PP I had saved up on my first perfect pitcher, so we’ll see if that makes a difference this year.

New toys! Fun. Who did you get?

2018 Chris Sale

Starting out with a 1.2 ERA after 2 games, but I know how fickle the RNG can be. Looking forward to watching the season play out.

Is putting the little medals for titles won on the infocard that pops up when you hover over a team name a new thing? I don’t think I’ve noticed that before.

I just noticed that last night so I think it has to be new.

My gold team is currently fighting with the Alan Wiggins Project and the Akron Aeros for wildcard spots. We are all a bit behind the division leaders. so this will likely be our ticket to the postseason. My diamond team is doing well enough to avoid relegation, but not well enough to make the playoffs so they will almost certainly be in diamond again next year. My iron team in 20 is currently leading their division, so it looks like I have 2 decent shots at the playoffs out of the 3 teams this season. I’ve continued to make minor adjustments trying to improve the defense of the teams. Alex Bergman got benched after I noticed his -9.1 Zone Rating. Biggio had a horrible ZR as well, so I picked up Brooks Robinson to play 3B, and we are giving Dustin Pedroia a shot at 2B for my gold team. They are currently 64-52 and 10GB the division leader.

Akron started out playing something crazy like .800 ball through the first few weeks of the season so must have cooled considerably when I went out of town. And this is after barely avoiding relegation last season with no roster changes… After a run of a couple straight division titles. Baseball is weird.

I just realized my silver league Librarians are going bonkers, on pace for well over 100 wins and with an 18 game lead over the second place team in the division. Their hitting is so-so: Mike Trout and mediocrity. But Trout is killing it, a full 1.7 wins above replacement ahead of the second best WAR:

The team is winning because the pitching staff as a whole has been great (combined 3.45 ERA), and particularly the starters:

No one stands out, but they’re pretty solid.

Nice, @tylertoo. Good luck in the playoffs.

Looked like I’m still on track for a division title for my iron team in 20, and a wildcard in gold here.

Good luck to everyone with the end if the season and playoffs.

My teams are doing pretty well this season too. Both teams are currently on track to make the playoffs.

Diamond:

Perfect:

Our wildcard fight has expanded to include the Seoul Expats with us all within 4.5 games of each other, and I end the season with a 4 games series with the Alan Wiggins Project.

Just pulled this in a pack:

Last five auctions 100K, lifetime avg 110K. I’ve got 96 Yelich at LF right now.

You gotta sell for the points right? Right?

Thanks. We ended the season with 104 wins, far more than anyone in the league! Which means we’ll lose in the first round!

I would, unless you have a sentimental reason to keep him, like you’re a Giants fan.

Interesting gaming trivia about Barry, from his Wikipedia page:

Bonds withdrew from the MLB Players Association’s (MLBPA) licensing agreement because he felt independent marketing deals would be more lucrative for him. Bonds is the first player in the thirty-year history of the licensing program not to sign.[181] Because of this withdrawal, his name and likeness are not usable in any merchandise licensed by the MLBPA. In order to use his name or likeness, a company must deal directly with Bonds. For this reason he does not appear in some baseball video games, forcing game-makers to create generic athletes to replace him. For example, Bonds is replaced by “Jon Dowd” in MVP Baseball 2005. [182]

I don’t know. I guess it depends on the rest of your team. A lot of the good players like the Live Perfects and historical mid-to-high diamonds have really gone up in price. Every upgrade I want to make costs around 30k PP or more. If you do put him up for auction, I’d inflate his price a lot just to see what happens. Maybe you’ll get someone who’s sitting on a mound of PP that has accumulated.

As I predicted, my team lost in the first round 3 games to 1 to a wildcard team. Sheesh. Pretty sure I’m going to get fired.

Beat @strummer in the wildcard and then crashed out of the division series.