Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

Big improvement with the ballparks!

Oh, that’s much better!

Yeah, the parks look really nice.

Very cool, thx for the pic.

That does look sweet. Do they have historical ballparks or just current?

Looks like old generic ballparks for historical. This was the same park when the 1955 Dodgers were at home one day AND away at the Giants the day after. Though…did they share the ground?

Petco is pretty sweet though :D

Bummer about historical stadiums since that is what I play. My guess is that someone with some artistic talent will crate a mod at some point.

Yeah, the only difference is it says Polo Grounds at the top left against the Giants.

There might end up being a mod for them. I think at one point someone was trying to do historical ballparks.

There are already lots of (if not all) historical parks finished and available for download here:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=287547

They are user created so lack the polish of the OOTP ones and some are a bit old now. But they’re probably better than the generics for historical play. This is assuming the new version doesn’t break them, but usually old mods are fine with newer versions.

Thanks. I forgot where silvam put them. Actually…looks like pstrickert wrapped them up in a workshop mod here too

Maybe when I get this I’ll have to play a modern league for the first time ever. For me it will be like playing a fictional league because I have no idea who anyone is :-)

So do things completely reset at the end of the Beta period or do we keep anything? I had 174 players after opening all the packs it gave me in Beta. 3 random golds, 2 golds from gold packs, and 1 diamond from a diamond pack. It didn’t feel like a particularly good draw although I suppose with that many cards it was starting to be fairly close to expected statistics.

Edited to add - the game looks great. I didn’t have much time with it before work though

I thought I read somewhere about a reset, but not sure. The original PT beta did a reset, and I have been longing for Christy Mathewson to pop out of a pack again ever since.

From what I’ve read:

Everything resets except for your Perfect Team account info. So you would have to create your team again and you would receive any packs you are entitled to. I believe they said it will all reset around 2-3 AM on Friday. The game will go on sale Friday at 9 AM on their site plus on Steam. And the Perfect Team entry pool will start around 2 PM in order to give everyone a chance to get their team set up.

Man, I had a ton of fun during the summer of 19 with the PT. At least until I got a job at the end of it and stopped having extra time, but by then I’d won one Diamond Level league World Series. I still have a screenshot. I may have to get this now that there will actually be a more or less real season.

I know I am nit picky about this but what exactly is Perfect Team account info? To me my points are account info; does this imply that the big chunk of points that appeared is going to carry over? I suspect not but can not be sure.

Everything resets except your perfect team login and password. Those points you got for free will go bye bye.

I watched the bearded OOTP guy live-stream PT a bit. He was doing Perfect Draft. It looked great, except that it took the game a good 10-15 seconds to generate each new set of 6 draft picks. That’s not that big a deal, except you have only 20 minutes to make your 13 choices, so don’t dally!

That’d be Kris Jardine. I watched it too.

I didn’t feel the timer was an issue. For those who didn’t see the stream, when you enter Perfect Draft you get a 20 minute timer to start. Each team has 13 rounds of draft, as follows:

• round 1: choose 1 of 6 different 100s
  • rounds 2-3: 1 of 6 diamonds (90-99)
  • rounds 4-6: 2 of 12 golds (80-89)
  • rounds 7-9: 2 of 12 silvers (70-79)
  • rounds 10-12: 2 of 12 bronzes (60-69)
  • round 13: 5 of 12 irons (59 and below)

The cards come from the current PT player pool - you don’t have to own the cards (and you don’t own them afterwards!).

Note that each team gets a different draft pool from which to pick, so you’re not going to see much personnel duplication. And your draft moves at your pace (so once you make your pick(s) for a round you advance to the next round, there’s no waiting around for other teams to make their picks).

The cards are presented graphically, as the virtual baseball cards. You can hover over a card and see a summary of each card’s ratings, and can examine a card in depth but it doesn’t appear there is a way to look at summaries of all the cards in a round, it’s one-by-one. Once you pick your 1/2/5 cards you hit submit and your draft goes on to the next round.

And that’s your 26 man roster. As you pick, your roster is shown on the left side of the screen, and there’s a small summary of what positions you’ve got covered, so you can pretty easily tell that you have a second baseman, need 2 starting pitchers, etc.

When you submit your team the AI will create your rotation, roster, subs, etc. You can modify your team (except for personnel) until the tourney starts.

Then you just sit back and collect rewards! Or not…

Twitch Drops

Twitch drops are a new thing for me. The OOTP guys added them last year but I thought I’d mention it here in case you’re new to the game or to PT.

You can link an OOTP Perfect Team account to your twitch account so that when you’re watching the OOTP guys live on Twitch you earn free packs. The reward rate is one PT pack for 15 minutes of watching a live steam. It’s gotta be a live stream. And by watching I mean “have a browser tab open with live content playing.” I don’t believe you need to have any interaction in that window, as the rewards just accrue and are shuttled to your linked PT account.

I don’t know if drops are enabled on all live streams but people usually ask when a stream starts if the streamer doesn’t mention it!

The rewards being handed out now are PT21 packs. I believe they are switching to PT22 on March 29.

Here’s the process for linking your accounts: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=319681 - it’s pretty painless.