Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

I know the feeling. I have the same thoughts about a month after getting back into OOTP/PT each year. Most years the feeling doesn’t last long. I get into a personal challenge (this year’s Wheeling Stogies theme and my current plan to see how far I can get without playing Special Edition reward cards).

I’m not a whale with money or time and I’m ok with it. Buying Brickyard Kennedy and Roy Thomas was a net loss. Neither is going to earn significant PP by their play. Both help my team now but in the endgame Diamond and Perfect leagues they aren’t good enough. Even as incremental upgrades neither is particularly PP efficient. But I find them fun.

Did you have another tournament running? From what I can tell the problems tend to crop up when I make change and another tournament is running. My habit is to always export the roster if I make a change before I leave, because if it goes into preparing state before I submitted it seems to revert to the previous roster, and then I need to import the new one again once the preparing phase completes. I also sometimes need to import the roster the next tournament as well, and I don’t know if that is related to an earlier roster still running in a tournament.

Random note - overnight and this morning I’ve started to see the Build a Legend cards appearing in Bronze tournaments. That’s going to shake things up!

I should have some data in my spreadsheet tonight. I was slightly delayed because I forgot to change a variable for a path when dealing with the pitcher data, so it dumped the hitter data twice. It should have some build a legends in there. I know I started to Mussina anyways in my pitcher data.

We are going nuts about the Perfect Team mode. As far as packs go you can win them by competing in tournaments, earn them by completing missions, or buy them with perfect points. Perfect points are either earned your league team achieving things, or with you parting with cold, hard cash.

@Charlatan and myself have been running teams in tournaments, which if you win you get packs or points depending on the tournament type. The packs contain player cards which you can use in your lineup, or which you can sell to others in the auction house (or basically dust for perfect points like other card collecting games).

Thanks, but I did know that. What I don’t get are things like “Annandale opened 90 packs last night.” How do you suddenly get 90 packs. And what the heck are you all doing with these spreadsheets? Tracking new cards?

He has been playing quick bronze tournaments, which except for the wee hours of the nights are constantly starting. So you can have 3 tournaments running for a team at a time, and if you have put together a good team you can generate a lot of packs.

Got it. Wow. I was wondering if it meant there was some single super tourney that offered dozens of packs. This makes more sense, thanks.

I usually have all 3 of my teams going while I am awake, and try to have them set up in tournaments when I finally go to bed. It is nice waking up to packs :)

Ok, I’ll try that. Are the spreadsheets how you track ringers in bronze?

That is what I’ve been doing. If you want to shortcut it Angered_unicorn has done the leg work for folks.

Also if you are in a group like BFF they share strategies with each other I think, another reason I should have had a team join there.

Someone suggested above joining a daily or weekly tournament in the format that doesn’t have a lot of entries to mess around and set up your roster and then leave the tournament before it starts to avoid the time pressure of setting it up during the start of a quick tournament.

I wasn’t the one who posted it as an idea but I’ll second it. It is much nicer to build a team without time pressures.

I haven’t seen any daily or weekly bronze tournaments, though. Just the quick ones with the ultra-fast deadlines. Maybe some longer-term ones will pop up. Although right now I seem to be okay.

@vyshka, you just watch that guy’s stream? Does Angered Unicorn have downloadable spreadsheets somewhere? The only data have are my own tourney results and the Bendex stuff. I like Bendex for hitters, but it’s no substitute for actual outcomes over hundreds of games.

Filter for just Bronze tourneys and then scroll down to the bottom of the tourney list. They are down there.

It took me forever to figure out they were at the bottom!

I don’t even know how I figured it out. I think I was searching for one of my tourneys that was being ‘simulated’ so it wasn’t up at the top with my other two so I kept scrolling to find it and Boom! There were the daily/weekly tourneys.

No, I pull my tourney data down and look at it in this:

Build-a-Legends are showing up. Raines and Beltre I saw in a quick look. The Card data sheet includes the players released yesterday. The spreadsheet contains data from 589 quick bronze Best of 7 tournaments played through Wednesday I think (it is up to id 3100). I will probably update it again tomorrow and catch the rest now that I’ve made it easier on myself.

Edit: @spock another way to find players, with my spreadsheet if you go to the team hitting or team pitching sheets, you can click the teams and it will show the players they are using in the tournaments.

I’ve seen Rose also. Raines and Rose look like pretty decent cards. I didn’t have time to check all the pitchers.

Yeah, I need to get Rose in my lineup. I put him on the AH this morning, but no one bit so I’ll throw him in there. He must have less than 4000 plate appearances, so he isn’t showing in the pivot table at the moment. The value filter needs to be adjusted to find him. Ah, I found him in 3B, he did have the PA needed. He is performing kind of middle of the pack for 3B right now. Build-A-Legend Beltre is at the top of the 3B performers.

@Charlatan 's Annandale Atom Smashers are cruising along at a 56.7% win rate in my data.

I won 15 packs in tournaments, and I’m in the semi-finals of a third, so my new lineup seems to be working. I see my guys at the top of your spreadsheets, so that’s encouraging.

Thanks for posting those, @vyshka. That spreadsheet took Libre Office a full minute to load! A huge amount of data in it. I don’t think LibreOffice handles “slices”, but I can see the data okay. Not sure what the two different columns for pitchers represent.

My OL team is still in the Promotion section of my Rookie League, but I’m only a few games ahead of a huge pack of teams behind me, and I’m no longer playing the .700 ball I started out with. I have a bad feeling about this. I worry about being stuck in Rookie for eternity.