Outer Wilds - a solar system trapped in a time loop.

The Sun station gap issue several people are having is weird. I just jumped over the first and only time without issue. I assume there is a safe, imaginary movement corridor. Leap of faith!

I didn’t have any issues either. I just kind of looked at where I needed to go, steeled myself and leapt, being very careful not to overegg the boosting. I nearly missed the door hole but was able to just pull myself in. It was pretty hair raising nonetheless! I know this isn’t remotely helpful to you @KallDrexx.

I only recall one crash throughout my entire playthrough on PC. What’s the performance like on Xbox One? Asking for a friend who’s interested in picking it up.

I don’t have any performance issues. I"m not sensitive enough to exact FPS to know if it’s running at 60 or not but outside the beginning of each loop I don’t notice any stuttering (and that stuttering is only for like 2 seconds in between me waking up and me getting onto the lift)

Oh right, I forgot about that. My mistake!

Well I was going to take a video of my enraging sun station escapades so everyone could see I’m not crazy (I forgot XB1 has that feature) but of course once I decide to do it the game cooperates and I make it to the other side.

Right before the ending almost made me rage until I managed to get myself out of the odd situation I was in.

So I get to the eye, go up the hole in the sky at the south pole, get transported back to the dark version of Hearth, go up the observatory and interact with the galaxy, the stars appear, I float towards them and I hit ground, all the lights representing stars exploding all go away so it’s completely dark, I accidentally hit jump boost and since there’s no gravity I propell myself upwards into the black abyss. I"m completely unable to figure out where the hell I am. Everything black, even with my flashlight on. I can’t tell what’s up/down/left/right/etc… Luckily after 10 minutes of going “I’m not repeating that run” I finally managed to somehow hit the ground.

Did everything but the 6th location, cause, well it wasn’t exactly clear to me how to get there. Well I know “how” to get there but I couldn’t figure out the riddle and it was getting late.

Edit: Just looked up the 6th location.

bleh I never noticed the door can be closed on the inside. I had a feeling turning the light off to transport would be the solution but I couldn’t figure out how to make it dark. I’m disappointed in myself :(

I had a lot of trouble with the sun station the first couple of times because I was trying to pilot myself there and it turns out I was a lot more successful just coasting straight across.

I saw a walkthrough video where someone left their ship behind to go to the vessel and that totally perplexed me. Is it easier to get past the anglerfish that way, maybe?

@LMN8R – You said getting to the vessel is quick and easy after the first time? Did I miss something? I ended up basically following my original path there every time I attempted it, including firing a probe through the flower where the dead Nomai crew are. I think I tried once heading straight toward the red bloom, but it seemed to be guarded so I gave up on it (plus I didn’t think I would know where to go once I got in there).

When I tried without the scout I got lost, every time! Follow distress beacon > follow light trail > scout in seed > follow duplicate signal into red portal > drift past anglers > navigate to scout > find vessel That got me there reliably and quickly enough.

I’ve seen people say that it’s easier to get by them without the ship, because the jetpack is quieter.

Once you’ve been to the Vessel once, you can just select it in your ship log and get a waypoint to it.

Haha, from experience I wouldn’t trust my jetpack!

There’s actually a video on youtube of someone doing a full run of the game using jetpack only :)

I just did my final run yesterday and yeah it was pretty quick overall.

Use your signal locator, quickly fly to it, quickly follow lanterns, shoot the probe, follow the probe, slowly go by the angler fish, reach the vessel

Lots of steps but only took me a few minutes all together. After doing so I also read a shortcut:

Once you’ve been to the vessel once, you can mark it as a destination using a ship log, so you don’t need to go to the beacon first and can instead just head directly to it

I also tried heading directly to the red dot, but it turns out that’s all randomized so it’s not a guaranteed way to get to where you want to go.

Yes! I saw that but didn’t have time to watch it! It sounds crazy.

Oh right! I didn’t figure out this trick when I had almost entirely finished the game. Maybe I did use that the last time through?

Oh, I knew you could waypoint places but never thought to do that!

I haven’t tried this game yet. But judging from people’s reactions, is this anyone’s GOTY?

I’ve played Quadrilateral Cowboy and Return of the Obra Dinn this year and never expected Outer Wilds to stand alongside them. The only way is down after that run!

It’ll be very high up on my 100 top games of all time list, put it that way. I should get back to that…

Yes, mine.

Absolutely mine so far.

Aye, if it wasn’t clear: mine too.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/outer-wilds-review

Can’t really argue with this conclusion:

“Outer Wilds is easily my game of the year thus far, and continues to move up the list of my personal favorite games of all time. It’s an experience I genuinely cannot stop thinking about, managing to encompass everything I love about the adventure gaming genre and the smart sci-fi musings of my all-time favorite authors. The few negatives brought on by the time loop at the game’s core are universally outweighed by the pioneering spirit cultivated throughout. I urge you to seek out Outer Wilds if you can, if only to try out what is surely one of the greatest adventure games ever created. 5/5”