Outriders - Square Enix colonizes space

Ok, that got my attention

That review frustrated me in that he kept calling it a looter shooter but I don’t recall them showing a single piece of loot in the whole video… I didn’t even see any loot drop in the action sequences. Plus they were Very light on the RPG elements.Seems sort of like a shooter with some RPG thrown in as opposed to an equal mix of the two.

Yeah, someone invoked the big D, and I got excited. I saw some stats and the ability to respec at will, but… I didn’t see showers of loot!

After countless hours in Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Borderlands 1/2/3, The Division 1/2, etc… just give me more meaningful loot less frequently. Interrupting the flow of the game to spend time sorting through an inventory of junk with minute differences is not appealing.

Who are you and where have you been all my life?

Yeah, I’m in. Does it have a release date yet?

I’m seeing December. Not sure if that’s current.

Interesting. So each class has 8 skills, but can only use 3 at a time. Skill trees look moderately extensive; each class has three major branches.

Looking forward to seeing more info on the devastator and technomancer. Trickster is definitely not my style. Pyromancer might be ok for me, and has some CC, which I like. Given Trickster focuses on melee and pyro is mid-range, I’m hoping maybe devastator is mid-long range heavy-weapon type.

The same certainly sounds like it would be!

Any idea if there is coop multiplayer similar to Mass Effect 3?

1-3 player, scaled for number of people.

Devastator looks kind of similar to pyro at first blush, but earth powered instead of fire. Range looks similar. Sure this will be featured in next broadcast, so hopefully more info soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujOVMTfkWM

Technomancer officially revealed and it looks perfect for me (long range support)

Release delayed from February 2 to April 1, but a sizeable demo will be released February 25.

Apparently this is a 3rd person looter shooter? So like Borderlands, but 3rd person? Kind of? Has anyone seen any of the videos linked in this thread?

I’ve watched them all, probably. It’s closer to something like Destiny than Borderlands.

Not surprised at the delay, because there hasn’t been any news for a while. Great news about the demo, though. It looks great to me, but getting hands-on to see how it plays is welcome.

The Demo is available tomorrow 25 Feb at noon eastern. Key points:

• Free, does not require any pre-order
  • Damn near every platform except smart fridges, including Steam
  • It’s the first chapter of the game, with a level cap but no time limits
  • Progress carries over to the main game, which releases 1 April
  • All classes available
  • No NDA/ Streaming restrictions

Demo details in this twitter thread:

The game itself looks very promising. It is not GAAS. Good overview for those potentially interested:

Everything I’m seeing about this game looks good so far. I may just day one this thing.

Thanks for this! I had wondered how long the demo would be live, and now we know it is starting up indefinitely, which is awesome, because my new gpu is coming on Monday (and my son can play with my 1070, because his 2070 sense to be dying).

@divedivedive agreed, but we will have a much better sense after trying the demo

That’s true, but I was also able to participate in the closed beta a month or two back. So I have at least a rudimentary idea of how the game plays.