Overwatch - Blizzard's new IP

That’s one place the console versions are better. You can each play on your own profile.

I’d really like to see Steam/Battle.net implement something like that. It’s very frustrating for a family home.

I thought Steam did do this, pretty sure I have family sharing setup with my fiancee and she can play any game I own on her computer and login as long as I’m not playing at the same time.

Yeah, the family sharing does work. That’s my bad. I guess I’d like it to be easier to use without a complete login/logout on Steam (more like PS4… which is superb) but it is there.

Battle.net doesn’t allow it though as far as I’m aware. Not sure about Origin, though I would like it there too with Titanfall 2 on PC.

Yeah but my account had all the skins.

Did they ever give a heads-up that Season 2 was ending soon? I was waiting for it before I completed my 10 competitive placement games to receive the player icon, but now it’s too late. I need my swag!

Not really that I saw. I stopped playing for a few weeks for the Diablo season, then logged on to be greeted by the season end screen.

Season three just started, though.

they announced it quite awhile ago on most of the communication channels

I expect to read about a Season ending in the News section of the Battle.net client as they do for Diablo III (“Season 7 Ending Soon”) and StarCraft II (“2016 Season 5 Lock Incoming”). I’ve looked for similar news bulletins in Overwatch’s section, but can’t find any. Instead, they bury the info in PTR patch notes.

I play on console, not sure how/where you get notified on PC, but I was well aware of the day it was shutting down. Don’t even recall where I saw it, but it was plenty of notice for me.

Got Tank?

So, how’s everyone going with Season 3? Placement matches were a debacle. I did better than last time and placed 200 points lower! Clawed up from 1400 to 1550 so far. Seems if you want to climb, it really is best to ‘game’ the match-making system and never group with more than three. As a competent two or three person team, you stand a much better chance of carrying a poor team with an Ana/Rein style combo against similarly disorganised small groups or solo queue’s. Jump into a four+ group, however and the matchmaking throws you against actual decent teams and whoever rolls the Hanzo insta-lock is sure to lose.

And tips for new players, if you want to guarantee an early ‘first win of the day’ +1500 XP bonus, jump into a quick AI match at easy or medium. You pretty much cannot lose it no matter what the team comp.

Boy oh boy, does this game do a TERRIBLE job of rewarding Tanks/Support.

Here are the overbuff stats for myself and the guy I mostly play with (though we are not always on together).

More or less same number of games played. He has a 4% advantage in winrate (52% to my 48%). I play mainly support/tank, he plays mainly offense/defence.

He is 60 levels higher than me (94 vs 155)!

Now levels mean nothing really, except for content access. That is 60 more loot boxes he has had a chance to open because he gravitates towards DPS characters vs me gravitating to sustain characters.

The reason he’s higher level than you is probably the medals. You get bonus XP if you win, bonus XP for not quitting between matches, and you get bonus XP if you get a medal. His medal rate is much higher than yours. Unless you’re a Symmetra main, you should be getting Silver/Gold in healing at least as a support.

EDIT: I forgot the 20% bonus for being in a group! That’s going to be the biggest swing in XP.

Basically, the game does not reward kills/DPS unless you medal in those categories. But, you have just as much a chance to medal in healing or objective time if you’re playing support or tank. The medals are based on your team performance. I’ve gotten gold medal for Eliminations (with like 5) with Lucio or Mercy all too often when I solo queue.

Hence Blizz not rewarding support appropriately as it is next to impossible to get multiple medals playing Lucio, Ana, Mercy, particularly the latter two. You are basically out of contention for all but maybe two medals. Usually, anyway - Lucio can be an exception with the spammy nature of his weapon providing chip on multiple targets.

Horror run tonight - 2:5.

And yay, could not play with my friend because he was grouped with a player at 2700. He was right on the cusp at 1700, but no dice for me at 1550. Thanks Blizz for caring a little too much about smurfing. Had to play with myself. May as well have taken the night off and, well…played with myself, based on half the muggles I got grouped with. 30k damage blocked as Rein, with silver elims, obj kills and damage. WTF was the DPS doing?!

C’Est la Vie, it’s hardly the end of the world.

Lucio at least has a decent chance at objective time, not uncommon for me to gold that, but I assume you’re right about Mercy and Ana having their work cut out for them with anything other than healing.

You don’t need multiple medals. Only 1 medal counts toward your XP. With Lucio you can easily gold Healing. Mercy is a lot harder. If you have a Lucio or a competent Ana on the team you won’t outheal them, and if you play the objective you will die.

Anyway I expect your friend is higher level because he’s grouped up. The 20% XP bonus adds up fast.

Actually, I am not sure the overbuff stats are entirely accurate as I am pretty sure in actuality he has played a lot more games than me. I’ll have to check with him…

Awarded Eurogamer’s Game of the Year.

Blizz need to get off their ass an implement a queue with mic option as being matched endlessly with people that won’t communicate and actively troll after you ask them to at least join the team channel so they can hear you, over and over again is getting soul destroying.

Happen to meet a bunch of people with mics and decide to stay together for the night and you will do well.

Get lumped with player after player that refuse to participate as a team and you will get stomped against those that do. Over and over.

Admittedly, this is high silver, near gold, but the amount of people playing competitive and showing no interest actually being competitive or playing as a team is beginning to drive me bonkers. And there is nothing I can do about it short of finding a solid group. A solo cannot carry. Well, I can’t playing support anyway. Maybe that’s me, but I seem to be able to do the support role well enough in a competent team. But if I play support, then switch to D’Va or Soldier halfway through I still end up in the medals. WTF are these people doing? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and insta-lock DPS like everyone else and let the laggards drop into support.

Man I am bummed. Stayed together in a good communicating 6 stack a few nights back and went 9-2 for the night. Since then it has been duo and triple queue with other team-mates unwilling to talk. Maybe 1 in 10 is on mic. Half of the rest won’t even join team chat. Since the win streak, 2-2, 2-2, 3-6, 3-4.

I just want to play with people that want to communicate and try to win and are willing to flex, like I tend to do. But Blizz, in their infinite wisdom, do not want it to happen outside of me finding 3rd party tools to find like minded people to group with.

This is Blizzard, the king of MMO’s and there are almost zero community features in this game. At times, it sure shows it’s failed Titan legacy in the lack of content/features.

It’s about time.