Paradox Announces Cities: Skyline - Huge Cities, Offline Play, & More!

SimCopter mod? KAY

Just hit 38k.
Was taking a look at my traffic and was trying to find the reason for congestion. I found the culprit(s).

Your traffic laws are rather lax.

I love the people standing still on the bridge, apparently saying “wait … something just isn’t right, here”

I suck balls at junctions

More evidence of ball suckage

It was still fun building the ramps though, wasn’t it? In my one city I had some several convoluted ramps, but it was fun. I hope they update the game to include more interesting things outside of traffic management to make me want to play a second city.

Very impressive junctions! Might be time to visit the workshop, some fantastic junctions on there. :)

Yeah the workshop is junction central. I find the whole ‘curved roads’ thing a bit of a nightmare to get right, but my current thinking is just to build a huge megacity then go back with the seemingly unlimited funds I have and fix the traffic chaos properly then…

Hats off to CO and Paradox.

STOCKHOLM – April 14, 2015 – Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order, the city building genre’s new ‘It’ couple, have today revealed that Cities: Skylines, the monumentally successful city simulation game for PC, Mac and Linux has smashed through the 1 million sales barrier since its release on March 10.

Widely hailed as the new benchmark for the genre, Cities: Skylines has captured the gaming public’s imagination with a staggering 33,000 mods having been created to date and made available via the Steam Workshop, with an average of 21,000 concurrent players continuously online since launch.

Commenting on the continued success of the game, CEO of Paradox Interactive Fredrik Wester said, “We continue to be amazed at just how players have embraced Cities: Skylines. The game is still selling at a steady pace, which is remarkable for a game that has been on sale for well over a month. Once again, we want to thank everyone that has supported and continues to support this game.”

Very nice, and I have to say some of the mods created only a month since release have been fantastic.

Ok I am still embarrassingly addicted. Here are some screenshots, including my awesome high-rise highways…

I challenge you to make some neighbourhoods with curved roads ;)

Too bad there are no options to correct them in the policies window :)

Funny, that never occurred to me because I know that they’re actually busy running around when not taking screen shots.

“Well yes, it was carefully planned from the start. why do you ask?”

I enjoy the Exit to Nowhere. And someone seems to have a plague starting upon their fair city, sir.

Putting roads through a roundabout is never good , never ever good. There seems to be way more road complexity in that screenshot than is needed. Remember, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. ;)

I love your screenshots cliffski!

Oh rly?

:D

Throughabout?

D:

Good to see your screenshot is of the dead centre of town ;-)

If there were one feature I’d like to see put into the game, it would be designating roads with a no parking policy so I can tidy up my suburban roundabouts and no have random cars parked there.