Path of Exile

You sure you didn’t swap some gear without realizing it was hurting your resists? The drop isn’t until after the fight.

After a week of no POE while traveling, I got back on today and finished up Act 10 with my Righteous Fire totem marauder. Having seen the Kitava fight once before, this time I was able to avoid the big nasty attacks - particularly that big X thing - and didn’t die. RF totems work great against him since he’s always in the same spot. Drop 'em and run around avoiding attacks, basically.

Started in on maps, just little tier 1/2 stuff thus far. Had to go shopping for a new shield to get my resists straightened out, but once I’d done that everything seems to be in place. I did have a bit of trouble with a rare Factory that spawned two Mother Phyla bosses with extra cold damage, nearly died a couple of times when they froze me and I wasn’t as quick as I’d like on the antifreeze flask. Eventually I killed one off and then the other was no trouble.

You were still capped during the fight. It’s just the usual POE “the bosses are a completely different game” pain in the ass. After he’s dead, then you get hit with the next resistance penalty.

I checked after the fight. Couldn’t figure out what went wrong vs. Kitava. If my resists weren’t reduced yet then that likely wasn’t the issue. And actually Kitava himself wasn’t the problem. It was the adds. They absolutely mobbed me. I’d re-enter the battle after dying and in less than two seconds they’d kill me again. Eventually zerged it. Couldn’t even get off a pot. It was insane. Way worse than I ever remember Dominus back when he was the end boss.

Ah, gotcha. My juggernaut has loh on sunder, so I love a bunch of ads, but I can see where it would be problematic for some builds.

Working on a chaos hierophant at the moment to change things up

On PC, with the Fire Nova Mine softcore Harbinger Shadow, I’ve finished Act 3.

On Xbox, the full game is out of beta. I created a Marauder. I figure a normal Mace and Shield Marauder might be a nice boring build to start me off on Xbox. I’ve already died 3 times before I even got to the first waypoint. Apparently Marauders kind of suck early on.

Plus on Xbox it’s hard to aim at enemies. You have to position yourself with the left thumbstick close to the enemy, but not too close, and not far enough away that you’ll swing swing swing and keep missing. There seems to be no way to lock onto enemies either. And that tetris inventory is already driving me crazy with my controller, since my left thumbstick defaults to go upward constantly.

So, um, I just realized that Path of Exile is a different game than Pillars of Eternity. I’m not a smart man.

The whole fight is completely unbalanced. It’s actually harder than many map bosses all the way up to tier 12, 13 (where raw damage will kill you, not mechanics). They’ll probably nerf it eventually, just like they did with every act boss in the game so far.

Great, now hurry up and get that GR75 done so you can come and spend some time in this thread!

After 12 or so Shaper kills the Rngesus finally blessed me:

Linked in about 20 fuses and hit near max roll in 1 divine. Karma for wasting 800 fuses on Tinkerskin which I then sold as a 5 link out of spite, lol.

Balls, that’s a sword.

Average. I’ll give you…2 alch for it?

Throw in some necropolis maps and you have a deal.

hehe, I figured you’d have enough of those too, after all those Shaper runs! :D

It finally happened, death by game crash. Right in the middle of a Harbinger fight. Fortunately I’m playing softcore, but still cost me a good chunk of XP.
POEcrash
First time in the Harbinger league, which says a lot for the stability that PoE has created in the last few years. Back in beta, I’d see lag and/or crash deaths all the time. I’ve seen lag a few times, luckily nothing happening in the middle of a really crucial moment, but this is my first client crash this time around.

I’ve been kicked to login on a couple of occasions, but haven’t crashed.

What skills should I watch out for on my Juggernaut-to-be?

Starting out I’m using Ground Slam for my AoE, and Heavy Strike. But both are unsatisfyingly. I’ve heard Sunder is a good one later on, and Earthquake. Is that what you use? I’ve never seen those two in action.

I’ve had a lot of fun with sunder. It’s kind of like forcewave from grim dawn, but way more satisfying to use. I haven’t used earthquake but it has a big delay before the damage occurs. It doesn’t have the immediacy of sunder.

You can start using it at level 12. Keep in mind that it only scales off of main-hand damage, so it works well with 2h weapons. I used multistrike for a long time, but eventually ditched it because it locked me in one spot for too long.

I’ve been looking for an easy to follow Sunder starter league guide with no luck.

I’m not using this as described, but maybe it would help

If it’s not too difficult, would someone describe how portal scrolls work in Maps?

I tried to use one and it took me back to the map laboratory place, but it didn’t provide the standard return portal. I had to use one of the already existing portals on the machine to get back. I’m guessing you can only portal back to the map, in any fashion, that limited number of times, is that right?

And if you do portal back to the map laboratory, can you leave to go to your stash and come back? Or will the portals/map be shut down if you leave that area?