Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Hmm this may be the reason. I tried what @MisterMourning said last night and I didn’t see any way to upgrade my villages from the map, the building interface, or even from visiting the village! I was doing artisan quests :)

I have more 2 annex cards on my task list, but I need a shitload of BP to use them and I’m out of cash after annexing my 4th territory. Time to pillage the Tenebrous Depths again! Baroness Cenobite needs cash money.

That’s because I was a moron and typed something terribly unhelpful because I responded to your post before my first cup of coffee! I’m pretty sure @fdsaion is correct. Sorry about that!

So one thing that lingers in my memory from this game is one of the music themes - it sounds vaguely Celtic to me and reminds me of Irish folk music. Do you guys know the music I mean? Who did that piece?

The soundtrack is actually quite good overall but that particular bit stuck with me.

(Open on YT for the links to the tracks.)

Tracks 36-41 are all fairly Celtic. My personal favorite is 5.

5 is the one I was thinking of.

When playing the just dungeon crawling DLC Beneath the Stolen Lands, is there any way to tell how far down into the dungeon you actually are?

I’m having a good bit of success with my Oops All Clerics party and wanted to see how far in I actually was. (Just hit 11th level for characters.)

I’m doing the Varnhold chapter now. Moving around that territory is incredibly slow due to the mountains. And I can’t manage my kingdom while I’m out there, so I trekked back home after doing the barbarian quests (lol Linzi’s fascinate utterly owned them and their +2 will saves. They all just stood there waiting for their turn to die). Now I need to spend 3-5 days walking back out there to finish it, and find my way to some cave that’s way the hell down south in the mountains.

I’m getting some really, really irritating bugs right now. First, the music doesn’t switch anymore. It’s either in battle music the entire time, or in the exploring music the entire time. Varies map to map. It’s annoying but tolerable.

The other one that is absolutely horrible is the hotbar bug. After I finish a fight, the hotbars and Pause/Cursor buttons disappear. I can get the Pause/Cursor back if I click right-stick to toggle Turn-based off and on. However, the only way to get the hotbars back is to loot something. If there’s nothing to loot, I can’t use any abilities, potions, whatever, until I find something to loot or start another encounter. Meaning, I can’t buff up before a fight, or cast heals after. I can still use pots/scrolls out of the inventory screen, but if I want my priest to heal an ally I can’t do it.

Restarting the game doesn’t do anything either. It looks like it’s just broken permanently on this save.

Yeah, there were some bugs. There’s a new patch today though so hopefully that fixes them!

Only on PC! The console patch just a couple days ago about introduced these bugs. There are multiple people on the dev’s forums complaining about it.

The hotbar bug is bad. If you’re a casual player and can’t figure out the workaround on your own, I can easily see this being an uninstall/refund situation. How the fuck do they ship that? Did they test the game at all before releasing the patch, or did they just make sure there were no build errors and ship it?

from the patch notes : “The effects that should have disappeared after the battle failed to dispel. Resolution: fixed.” This really bothered me, I’m glad it’s finally fixed. Also glad to see the magus attack bug is fixed.

The evidence points overwhelmingly in one direction on this one.

I think the patch broke a few things. Had no big issues until today. Now, I can’t put the entire party into stealth with the button, but only if I select them one at a time (and same to end stealth). Combat also doesn’t seem to end in some situations where there is a scripted conclusion (like dialogue). The combat music still plays and the initiative portraits at the top of the screen remain even through area transitions. Didn’t play much because of these issues, so unsure if there’s more.

• Metakinesis cost and effect are now correctly applied to kinetic blades.

Awww, Kineticists are still crazy good but no more 2k damage rounds without even taking burn.

That will at least make the Kinetect Knight worth while.

Yeah but can he harness the Magic of Kinect™?

I did Vordakai’s Tomb last night. It was smooth sailing until I got to those Soul Reapers or whatever the fuck they are. The assholes who fight 3 members of your party in single combat. I didn’t realize this was going to be the case, and this fight is unwinnable because one of them is going after Tristian and HE SUCKS. He has no armor and a +1 scimitar. And these fuckers have spell resistance. Plus they hit and drain like 1d10 points of wisdom if you fail a fort save. I don’t know how you win this fight unless they target one of your DPS people.

Tristian met me on the road there and insisted he come along. I thought that meant he’d have some special cut scene inside, or some useful reason for being there. Instead I’m short handed. I should have kept Linzi.

Fortunately I had an autosave before I went in, so I restored that and I’ll try again tonight. This time I’ll bring rations so I can sleep before the fight and prepare Harm spells and Banishments and shit, then save scum it until I overcome their SR. BALANCED ENCOUNTER.

HE DOES.

Well it must be after those soul rippers, because nothig has come up yet.

That crow asked me who the strongest member of my party was, and I said Valerie. Later he asked me who the weakest one was. I was thinking Tristian, but I didn’t want to piss him off so I told the crow to fuck off, then Tristian piped up and volunteered. Now on the Soul Eaters all he does there is die after, “Tristian failed to overcome SR”, in my log over and over again. And, if I do connect with a Harm, it doesn’t even kill the fuckers. I need 2! So you have to overcome SR and they have to fail their saving throw, twice!

I broke down and googled it. People online are respeccing their characters. I can’t do that on Xbox. I’m stuck with Tristian as a healbot. He can’t fight.

Next time I’m taking Amiri, and when the fucking crow asks who the weakest is I’m going to say it’s her. Totally. She doesn’t even wear armor, look at her, she’s practically naked. So weak.

Tristian should be able to beat it. I recall you can cheese the fight somewhat by only having your main character talk to the first Soul Eater while the rest of the party is back in the other room. This way you can pick off the Soul Eaters one at a time. Everyone still has to fight alone, but at least it’s easier for you to manage.

For Tristian, obvs, buff the shit out of him. Especially Haste or Expeditious Retreat so he can stay at range of the Soul Eater. Have you tried Animate Dead against them? If not, just use his offensive spells and wands. It’s hard but doable.

His cut-scene actually somewhat epic, though less so if you’re evil (edit - towards him). I’m not sure what happens if you don’t bring him to the Tomb. In my ~eight playthroughs I’ve always brought him.

Respec is built into the game now, talk to the NPC in your tavern.

I didn’t have Tristian memorize that for RP reasons! I filled his slots with party buffs, restorations, and fire spells since I gave him spell focus Evocation. None of those helped in a 1 on 1 fight vs a soul eater. Priests have plenty of self buffs I could have used, and they’re also evil outsiders so I can try Banishment on them. My problem was I didn’t have rations so I couldn’t rest and swap spells. I never carry them because of the weight. It will be corrected when I run it again tonight.

Nothing up to that fight was a problem. Jaethal and Ekun utterly annihilate the undead Cyclopses while Val tanks them. Jaethal in particular is a murder machine now with her scythe and self buffs. I gave her use magic device so she can cast scroll and wand buffs too. Octavia is one of my mains, and I keep her around for traps mostly. She is my designated Haste scroll user, and she has a bunch of AoEs and scorching rays. My MC is a priest but she kind of sucks vs undead because I can’t channel AoE them. My normal 6th is Linzi but I swapped her for Tristian.

I had no idea!