Pathfinder: Kingmaker

You definitely want 12-18 rations going into Vordakai’s Tomb. It’s the worst dungeon in the game for this since you cannot leave once you go in. You can find a lot of rations in the Tomb, but not enough.

You have to enable it in the difficulty settings too, or he won’t have the conversation option.

It’s enabled by default on Normal difficulty. You only have to enable it on Challenging and above.

I can’t imagine how faceroll Normal difficulty must be ;)

Eh I don’t want to lose credit for the achievement! If I change the Challenging default settings, I might not get it.

I’m happy to report that I just roflstomped the soul eaters, without even save scumming! I got lucky with my MC and broke its SR and it failed its save vs Dismissal. Ekun killed his with one round. Jaethal sat and swung at hers ineffectively for about 5 rounds while it chipped away at her, but she won eventually.

Then 6 more spawned. Fortunately they’re too stupid to ignore animated Skeletons! They patiently played with skeletons while they waited for their turn to die.

Why does Jaethal need rations when I camp???

Brains?

How could the ecosystem of the Stolen Lands possibly support such an insane amount of apex predators, many of whom could individually destroy an entire village on a whim? How would villages exist at all in an environment this hostile to men? Wouldn’t everyone have to live together in a world where level 14 wyverns live a half days walk away?

Why is it never addressed that all the rich and powerful people in this world are effectively immortal when Resurrection is just a spell slot use away and clerics gotta get paid like anybody? Wouldn’t this drastically change the entire structure of society with an elite strata of super heroes ruling over an actual underclass of pitiful and almost useless human(oid)s?

Why isn’t every single person an adventurer in a world where becoming one demonstrably gives you superhuman powers?

Who knows, but down that road madness lies.

D&D logic. All those apex predators are busy killing each other, and when their numbers dwindle some mad magic user conjures up more. Sure. And Pharasma frowns on resurrections!

I’m just salty about having to carry all these rations when she doesn’t even eat! Knowing her, she probably insists on food, opens her medieval MRE, and eats a crumb and leaves the rest to rot all the while staring at Valerie who had to carry it. (Even though Jaethal’s STR is 25 right now)

I wrapped up Vordakai last night, Tristian cast some Hold Person With Vines spell in the first round and that was the end of that fight. Vordakai managed to get off a Finger of Death on Octavia before he lost, though, so that cost me a couple scrolls to undo. Then the fucker betrayed me and ran off!

I offered Vordakai a position on my court and he agreed. Then he talked some shit about taking his revenge on my descendants, so I killed him at the last moment. Motherfucker, don’t agree to serve me then threaten my bloodline. I got a free town out of Varnhold, though, so I guess killing Vordakai is the best choice for the Kingdom. If I hadn’t, all those people would be dead and I imagine I wouldn’t have gotten that built up settlement for free.

My councilor quit and I have no one to fill the position. I googled options. I already murdered one choice because she was a priestess of Lamashtu. Tristian betrayed me. And now Shandra is gone. I need to get her back.

OMG spoilers.

You can get them both back.

This thread is my personal Let’s Play blog, I thought you realized that.

It’s a hard game to finish. I play a bit, enjoying myself then something happens that makes me rage quit and put it down for a few months, taking my toys and going home in a huff. Then I whittle away at another game.

Turns out those defaced sisters don’t like Hold Person.

Idk, man, your damage was reduced. You should look into that.

Been a while, but I’ve been kingdom building and exploring the map the past few days. However, I just started the Pitax chapter. This looks interesting, King Irovetti is quite a character.

Octavia has really come into her own now as an arcane trickster, especially now that I got her a few metamagic rods. One of my court artisans made this rod that empowers and maximizes, and lets the spell ignore SR. Wow!

I got into a random encounter with like 9 primal manticores. They were conveniently all bunched up, and Octavia won initiative. The first chain lightning cast did 130ish damage to each manticore, but it wasn’t quite enough. A quickened fireball for 110+ on the lot finished then off.

There was a belt for sale at the Pitax tourney that was like 200k gold that empowered all my level 3 and lower spells for free. Hello scorching ray! I couldn’t afford it, though, because I blew 80k gold buying 1000 BP to restore the road of shields.

Haven’t played with my alchemist for a few weeks and started the game over with a tanky paladin after seeing a YT build.

For the last month or so, I was struggling with a lot of bsod crashes, probably 5-6 different errors, multiple times a day (often within a 2-3 hour period, my only evening times available). They’d happen at random times, sometimes playing any game, sometimes using a browser, sometimes when the system was left to just sit for a bit while I did something else. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting them, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, limiting connected devices, removing apps from startup or altogether from the system, running memory and drive scans, checking OS files for corruption, I even opened it up and checked on the hardware, removed and re-seated. Nothing had an impact.

Then, early last week I noticed that Kingmaker decided it wasn’t installed anymore after I tried to launch it on Steam. Huh, I thought maybe it was caused by one of the crashes. No problem, I reinstalled.

And the problems all vanished. Poof. Like magical times. Been rock-solid for the last 8 days or so. Not a single hiccup.

Then, today, a crash while playing Kingmaker again. This time I did a verification of Kingmaker files afterwards and Steam found 12 files that couldn’t be validated, downloaded them to fix it up.

Is this a known problem with Kingmaker? I spent all that time troubleshooting because in my experience those random blue screen crashes are usually drive/memory related or a problem with the OS. But fixing Kingmaker so obviously corrected the problem. Looking back at the history of the issues, they coincide perfectly with me finishing up Wasteland 3 and moving back onto playing Kingmaker.

Any tips? Is this just one of those scenarios where I play as much as I can between crashes, hope to get through the game (I believe I just finished Chapter 2), or do I have to drop it and move on? I’m really into it now and I’d hate to give up but it already wasted a huge chunk of my time on troubleshooting before I linked it to the game.

That sounds more like a steam issue, or installation issue on/with the disc? Sadly, I am one of those with a few hundred hours in the game, without seeing any bugs or crashes so I can’t really help you there, but I did have a game vanish on me once in steam for some weird reason.

I’m happy that I was able to localize the problem to Kingmaker, though. It had me going mad trying to figure out which driver or hardware was failing. If Kingmaker never had it’s vanishing act in Steam, I would still be at it. I had even said it looked like it was going to be time to assemble a new machine it was so bad.

Fortunately, no other programs/games have had or cause bsods. I can always let Kingmaker slide; I have a badzillion other games, but I’d be unhappy about leaving the story unfinished. Just hoping there’s a known incompatibility that I’ve yet to search out that will be a relatively simple fix.

I sincerely doubt this is the case, sorry to tell you. I’ve had my fair share of hardware instability issues in the past (most were PSU related, and they manifested in ways that made it hard to pinpoint the issue, such as gpu driver crashes) that seemed to resolve themselves for a few days after doing various maintenance tricks, and then they came back.

There is absolutely no reason that a dormant game installed on your drive and without any active running services (like Punkbuster for example) would cause crashes when you’re playing other games or just running a browser.