Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Following this thread, I think y’all have convinced me not to buy this any time soon. It’s definitely going to remain on my wishlist but there are some major issues that I feel would block me from enjoying it as the game stands now. Time limits are a death knell for many games if they are too critical to the main path (i.e. not optional), and that kingdom management side sounds awful.

Another one that I’ll watch for QoL improvements and patches to fix.

I am talking the game nice and slow, and so far no issues.

I played quite a bit of that closer to when it came out. I thought it started off strong, but I kinda fizzled out on it. I don’t remember why. Maybe worth revisiting at some point to remind myself how it plays.

There’s also Expeditions: Vikings which improves somewhat on the formula, I think, though it maybe ties you more into the story. You can’t ignore the storyline in any of these games, either - not really open-world in that respect.

I happen to have a copy in my GOG account for unknown reasons. I’m skeptical of playing as Conquistadors, but maybe I’ll give it a try.

This probably doesn’t impact to many people, but it looks like the Feyspeaker uses the Wizards BAB instead of the druids regular BAB. This is exactly like the Pen and Paper version, but it does weaken the Feyspeaker a lot, making it impractical for anything but a spellcaster/face.

At this point, it does seem a lot weaker than the the Sylvan Sorcerer, except that it can wear some armor and use a few martial weapons.
Sadly, druids can’t use crossbows, so I am stuck search for a silly sling.

I might start a new character, but I am not sure what yet. With ever lady in this game sporting a 14 or above charisma, I feel like going high in charisma is a waste, but I like my character to be a leader!

So… I got past the last dungeon and it goes full on anti-fun and stupid.

So that’s a thing that someone consciously decided to do.

I mean it was pretty anti-fun right before that, but they managed to top themselves.

I added to your post (including some thoughts thanks to the details you provided me in Steam chat) over on the official forums.

It’s not really a spoiler, but to sum up - chapter vi is not just a buggy mess, it’s straight up BS. Huge bummer, and hopefully one that gets addressed.

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?5742-I-got-through-the-quot-Last-Dungeon-quot

Is there a walkthrough guide for the post chapter 6 content? I’m sitting idly in chapter 6 waiting for whatever is next to trigger.

No idea - I never got through that last dungeon. Too buggy, way to hard, even on story mode.

https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/gameplay-information/in-game-tutorials/tutorials-basics
This has been helpful. No chapter 6 though.

By the way, I need inspiration. I’ve put my Druid to rest, and I’m bouncing around trying to figure out a new character.

I guess my rules of thumb something not covered by the NPCs (at least the NPC’s I will use) and some sort of partial spell caster.

I’ll have to ponder it for a bit, but I’m open to suggestions.

Any advise for the last dungeon generally speaking? besides:

• Buy all rations
  • bring some cold iron weapons

Uninstall and wait for them to fix it.

Seriously, that last dungeon is full of bugs, nonsense fights that endlessly respawn (and are like CR 22 if you actually calculate them out), and problematic issues with the way the dungeon is implemented (with some enemies effecting you while you walk around even though you are not in their “plane” of existence). It’s not great.

Done. Too many issues in this game still. I’ll see how it looks in 6 months.

Waiting is probably the better idea, but if you want to take a swing at it:

Freedom of Movement for everyone (save undead Jaethal)
Lots of Remove Blindness/Restoration effects
Raise Dead scrolls and Diamonds

So, doing Hour of Rage in Act 4 (?). I had dropped a maximized Cloudkill early on (the items that let you maximize spells without increasing their level are ridiculously strong).

Whoops.

So when the battle was won and you were supposed to talk to Jamandi, I set my run marker way back at camp and alt tabbed (this game needs double/triple speed btw). Well, turns out she was back in the enemy camp, not the original camp, so after running back, got to observe the dead bodies of basically everyone.

Renders the quest uncompletable, of course. RIP main quest progression.

FYI she carries Flaming Dueling Sword +2, Belt of Dex +4, Ring of Protection +4, Natural Armor +2, Mithril Chainshirt +2. Expected better honestly.

There’s a mod for that.

Oh, another bug. The Magical Vestment spell doesn’t persist across save/loads.

danggggg.

I wonder if this game will have Kingdom Come Deliverance amounts of redeem-ability when it’s all fixed up?

To be fair, I had a damned fun time with this for three weeks with very little frustration overall, but the final chapter needs quite a bit of work. That took me 81 hours to get to that point though, which is more than nearly any other game in the last few years gave me.