Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I’m looking through the beta patch notes for 1.1 and just laughed seeing this yet again

Bokken is alive (we hope)

How many patches have they tried to fix this guy?

His name is appropriate.

Patch 1.1 has been released: https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/3397298957523116218

I’ve been playing the beta for a bit. I noticed several bugs in the first 1.1 beta, but they all got fixed in later beta updates. Hopefully the game is now where it should have been on release.

I installed the Fast Travel mod that lets you move faster out of combat, including the world map. But it speeds up everything – disarming traps, looting herbs, ooc spell casting. It’s a HUGE QOL improvement. Huge.

I’m checking back periodically, If the game ever gets to a playable state from beginning to end, please say so in ALL CAPS! :) I’ll be watching…

Ermagherd! I’ve been looking for this! (The BG / POE version is here - http://www.notra.fr/portrait)

http://www.kingmaker-portraits.com/

Some day when I get this game I’ll have to remember your last 2 posts @Balasarius

Just got this email.

Limited time: Get Pathfinder: Kingmaker now when you purchase 12 months of Humble Monthly!*

I put about 25-30 hours into this over the last four days. Such a great game. I’ve encountered one bug in that time (and lots of misspellings). I’ve encountered a lot of things I thought were bugs, were 100% convinced were bugs… but no, it was just me not understanding something.

The one bug I’ve found is from the book you get at the Pitax faire. Every rest it gives you one of six random buffs. Most of them are skill buffs, and they work. But one of the buffs is three free fireballs. They should show up as an ability, right? They do not. I cannot figure how to use them. I gave the book to Octavia (my wizard) and even when she casts her memorized fireballs, they get drained normally.

I’ve done several companion quests without any issue. It seems when you complete their final quest you get a buff of some kind. I completed Harrim’s but didn’t see any buff. But maybe I’m just missing it or maybe he just doesn’t get one. Valerie’s quest was pretty neat.

Ah, I just googled Harrim’s quest. Turns out I either fucked up a skill check back in Chapter 2 or it’ll come later.

I’ve decided to go ahead and pick this up now, in it’s patched state. One issue: I’m not a huge fan of real-time-with-pause combat; I prefer turn based. Also, I don’t really love having to buff all the time. However, it looks like the game offers a huge array of party choices.

What tips do you folks have to make a party that can handle the fights without a ton of buffing, pausing and micro-management? It doesn’t have to be a zero-buff / zero-micro party, just not a party that is constantly pausing to re-apply buffs and micro-manage combat. Any thoughts?

The short answer is to play this on a very low difficulty. High level PF combat is just stuffed to the gills with buffs and effects and debuffs and disenchants.

IMO a Party of Barbarians would be pretty easy. Just 6 hulking dudes slamming the RAGE button at the start of every fight. Traps? JUST SOAK THE DAMAGE. Stat debuffs? WHO CARES ALL YOU NEED IS STR. Dialogue options for the optimal ending? WHY TALK ONLY PUNCH

This advice may work significantly better in a tabletop Pathfinder campaign with an EXTREMELY forgiving GM.

edit: Rogues are also low on buff-usage, and in fact, much easier to play in the digital game than tabletop due to the extremely forgiving flanking rules. Fighters are, of course, very low-maintenance. And a pure blaster-caster like a Sorcerer won’t have enough Spells Known to waste much of their magic on buffs.

Armando’s nuts, don’t listen to him.

As for re-buffing? I never “re-buff.” I only have to buff for difficult fights, which are, like, once or twice per large dungeon or large map. At most.* Sometimes I’ll throw out a Haste, but that hardly counts. No, 90% of the time I just let everyone walk in and do the AI auto-attack stuff and it works fine. (Except for the Magus, he needs Mirror Image or something or he takes too much damage.)

There are nine or ten NPC companions you get, each with their own personalities and quests. You’re not really expected to build your own party of six. The game will allow it, but with difficulty as you have to purchase them with gold. I have not purchased any companions.

* Well, I had to buff more at the start of game… and I’ve heard really bad things about the final dungeon and its difficulty.

Last time I played, it was hot soup garbage squirting from the diseased asshole of a homeless meth addict. Then I read about what comes after the dungeon and haven’t played since.

First DLC coming Dec 6th - https://store.steampowered.com/app/900447/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__The_Wildcards/

Second DLC Feb 2019. Season pass here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/937800/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__Season_Pass/

Tieflings. Yesss.

BUT can you play it and finish the game yet?!

Yes. As long as you continue to have a tolerance for reloading past some newly introduced game breaking bugs!

More infoz. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Season Pass DLC now confirmed - Expansive

Things they’ve broken in the last two hotfixes -

Item sorting
Many entries in the log are duplicated
The fucking game icon

Note - the hot fixes didn’t fix anything related to these issues…

Yeah, I got this and got started but it’s in a holding pattern for me for now as it feels very much “half baked” in the bug department.

There’s a poop load of stuff to play right now so i’ll probably come back to this later on.