Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I did look for a mod with quest timers, but only found one. It is a utility that resets all timers, not a mod. It also had a lot of people complaining that it corrupted their save games. Is there a mod in particular you had in mind?

Bag of Tricks is a nice one to start with, assuming you can hold yourself back from cheating “too much.” You can use it to change the timing on construction, world travel and promoting your advisors (why this takes 14 days is beyond me). If overly frustrated with save-scumming, you can set things to auto-pass but I haven’t hit that point, thankfully. There’s another, but I forget and I’ll track it down when I get home.

edit - I tweaked world travel speed and advisor promotions and that makes a world of difference to me and still keeps what I feel is the essence of the game design.

Ok, thanks. Ill look into that. Are you using the unity mod manager or did you manually install it? It seems you can just unzip it to the mods folder from the description and it has some kind of in-game menu you can use.

Id definitely like to reduce the time it takes to level up advisors and stuff. As far as construction, I was never bothered about that. The whole kingdom thing seems somewhat pointless beyond the quests. Its not like you gain anything from it. It seems to serve as a gold sink and nothing more.

I am fine with my kingdom devolving into a heap of garbage while I’m out adventuring so long as I don’t hit a fail state. They knew the risks when they came to my ramshackle haggard-ass autocracy. Hey, maybe it’ll get better eventually, who knows? In the meantime I need to literally punch trolls so hard they physically explode.

Unity Mod Manager (UMM) is needed, unfortunately (the mods which need it require on some built in libraries, I believe). The newest UMM is on GitHub, but you can also find a recent release on Nexus. Once loaded, it’s actually quite easy (and fairly barebones) to use. To install mods, you’d drag the zip over to a box in UMM and it does all the work for you. When you fire up the game (independent of UMM), UMM will open automatically and show you all your mods and give you a “settings” button by them to get in and fiddle around. I’ll shoot some screen shots later, if you’d like.

Thanks. Ill try it when I get home

I am finding that the random encounters are kind of pointless interruptions. I pretty much obliterate everything now that pops up, although the ambushes are annoying. Those are the ones where guys attack you from all sides.

I was kind of happy when I ran into the encounter with the trolls where they recognize you and run away. I was like, “Finally, someone did something smart made it some that NPCs recognized that you would kick their ass and just run.” Alas, that was just a scripted thing never to be repeated.

Really, your party should get a reputation fairly fast and things should learn to stay out of you way.

Trolls are A: Super dumb and B: Hyper-apex predators who regenerate so I’m fine with their persistent suicidal stupidity but bandits are both savvy and opportunistic hunters who should know to stay the fuck away from me by now.

Difficulty wise, the random encounters are indeed super easy but I’m finding difficulty in general to be perfect due to my utter lack of patience for minmaxing and pregame buffing. Incompetence pays dividends in entertainment value.

Except when you go where you are not supposed to go and the only indication that the area is dangerous is a couple of greater elementals one-shotting your party.

Send in the stealth gnome!

Jokes aside, I save constantly so this would just be an amusement for me.

I have found the stealth gnome, with maxxed stealth, is easily seen even with invisibility on.

Stealth gnome won’t help against random encounters, they drop you right in the middle of the action.

I was looking for the advisor thing for leveling them up quicker, but I can’t seem to find that.

It’s in there, buried under something. I thought it was the Kingdom tab of the mod, but I’ll double check later if you can’t find it. I run with a few mods, so there’s always a chance it’s under another one.

I think it must be from the kingdom resolution mod.

This is bugging me, now. My mind has a picture of a red x changing to a green checkmark like in Bag of Tricks, lol. I wish my boss wouldn’t yell at me if I fired up a game while on the clock, lol

edit - okay, I’m looking and … am I going insane? (“No, Dan - you went insane a long time ago!”)

Guys this game is hard. I plan on persevering but wow. One minute your are crushing something and the next? Party wipe. (Dan reminds me of the https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=giants+vikings+2000+nfc+37+-+0&&view=detail&mid=F15F5E15CB5A243359CEF15F5E15CB5A243359CE&&FORM=VRDGAR)

LOL, yeah that was a brutal day. When Moss & Carter combine for less than 50 yards, there’s no way your team is getting out alive. Pathfinder can also certainly grind your party up pretty quickly.

So I installed those mods, set the advisor level up and kingdom quest thing to 1 day. I must have knocked out like 20 of these pending tasks real quick.

However, after I was done, I was looking at my new kingdom stats and wondering what the point of it all was? Ok, so my culture is level 4 and my economy is level 6. So what? Why do I care?

I also noticed that my bevory tax was now more than the amount they gave me. Is there a way to get rid of that tax now? Maybe when I become a king that tax will go away. It would make sense to do so.

I was also disappointed that researching into curses didn’t do anything special other than raise some kingdom stats a bit. No cool new quests or things to build.

Researching the curses is one of the pre-requisites to get the “best” ending.

Your kingdom stats are required to annex some of the regions:

and also to get the artisans to craft their masterpieces (afair).