Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I’m gonna start over without the crusade mechanics. I dunno where that leads me but I do know that part of the game is a draw across the rpg part. Great game overall and a lot better than Kingmaker …

There’s some content you’ll miss out on, but if you don’t know what you’re missing how will you miss it?

I started an Aldori defender, because 300+ hours in the game just isn’t enough. I really should wait for some beefy DLC, assuming it’s integrated into the campaign, but I was really wanting to try a legendary build and went looking for something that would give me 40 semi-synergistic levels and I’d linked a Google doc upstream for someone asking about samurai builds. It’s not super-detailed, basically just take all 20 Aldori defender levels, and then 10 duelist and Aldori swordlord prestige levels, suggests skills and obvious feats to take. I decided to go trickster mainly because I’ve already gotten deep into Angel, Demon, Lich, Aeon and Azata mythic builds and wanted to try something new. The build’s BAB, hit points and AC should be crazy.

First DLC comes out the 15th. Steam is showing six new achievements.

As I approach completion of my 12th playthrough of this game (send help) “new powers will become available to your character in the main campaign right before the official start of the Fifth Crusade.” has got my attention!

I’m already thinking of my next build now.

So I took the Legendary path with my Aldori defender/duelist/Aldori swordlord and it only gave me enough experience to hit level 31. Everything I read gave me the impression it usually took you to around level 37 or so. I wonder if they changed that, and I’m doubtful there’s enough XP in Act 5 to reach level 40, which is disappointing.

Pretty last minute, but I’m okay with it. I also had to wait anyway because of money and Warhammer 3.

Disappointing but not surprising. Patch 1.2 seemed like it was a real hot mess.

I think you’ll be able to reach 40.

I hope so. I guess one thing the Legendary path does is cut back the amount of XP needed to level up.

My duelist build just killed his 3rd companion last night (Daeran). There will probably be a 4th tonight (lookin’ at you, Camellia). I’m now over 360 hours played, love this game.

Aw I love Daeran. I mean, he’s no Jubilost, but he’s pretty good. He has the best romance.

My greatest regret is that I didn’t progress the Camellia romance far enough to sacrifice her on my Lich run. In every run she always ends up dead in a basement.

Halflings make super-cute demons.

Killing him was the hardest of the three (Regill and Grebor). At some point I decided my duelist is bi so he’s been sleeping with anything that moves, including Daeran.

Confession time: I’ve yet to use one potion or scroll in this game, not even after 360 hours. I need to make a archaeologist-style build who’s big into vellum.

Why, though? I use them all the time. Shift-clicking 50 cure light wounds pots is quicker than healing manually and saves a precious Heal. Similarly, I use scrolls of Restoration (TONS), Death Ward, and Raise Dead rather than burning spells or spell slots on them.

There are a bunch of pots in the prologue dungeon that let you roll the Water Elemental. And a scroll of Heroism.

I just forget about them, never included them in my approach to playing the game. I even forget to write them to spellbooks a lot of the time.

The inventory mod has a one-button “scribe all scrolls” button, and it flags unknown spells and recipes.

WOOO JACKPOT!!!

Probably my next build, though I still think kitsune with mythic shapechanger is well worth losing that one bonus feat a human gets.

I have to admit, I’ve returned to this today. I’ve bounced off of every other game I tried to start recently; not because they are bad but because they just didn’t hook me. Spent a nice 45 minutes creating a Seeker just for something different to play with in a game I know I can get into. Not sure if I’ll stick with it for the long haul, but at least it gives me a break from the struggle to get into anything else.

@12:28 - that viewer was me. :)