PC Cases: The Beautiful, the Bizarre, and the WTH?!?

I half think he could have ducted that upward GPU exhaust straight out the top and used the other top fan to feed the CPU radiator. The front fans wouldn’t be doing anything much… you’d think it could do with another bottom fan though.

And RGB :)

Im slightly sceptical of how large the changes are. But it does show why the big enterprise OEMS use ducting - they can take advantage of it as they always do have the same internal geometry of the case.

@Editer got any prebuilt for sale?

I just saw this pre-built (with a funky case) announced.

More info is available here (hint: very expensive)

I guess the Venn diagram overlap between sneakerheads and computer nerds extends beyond Ryan Davis (RIP).

I went to a local PC shop to get my laptop repaired and so this gargantuan thing:

Never in my years have I seen a case that big.

I guess you never owned or had a friend who owned a Gateway 2000 PC circa 1994ish!

Hehehe, that GW2000 full tower brings back the memories. I had one, but not that particular model.

I do like full towers myself for the size and convenience. It makes assembly easier for someone like me who, despite years of experience, isn’t actually good at assembling PCs or cabling nicely.

I just wanted to say, “So, a needle pulling thread…”

Man, look at all the space on the front of that case that could be used for optical drives! You could put, like, ten doublespin CDRWs in there! ;-)

I rocked a Pentium-120 in one of those beige full size Gateways. Amazing at the time.

It honestly doesn’t look that big. Stop in a Micro Center and have a look at all the stuff they carry. Probably half of them are full size like that.

I has the Rosewill Thor for years. Excellent case, but damn was it heavy!

Oh man, there’s got to be a copy of Encarta hiding up there!

Wait, does that CA plate say “OUTOFTIME”? Oh it’s a replica, heh.

I turned my copy of Encarta into a drink coaster by gluing cork. I had quite a collection of tech geek coasters including an OS2 Warp intall disk.

Okay I think this is the one I saw:

Okay wow, you could basically run two PCs in this one case.

Full towers are nifty until you have to move them, fully loaded, up the stairs.

Seriously.

I’ve got a full tower down in the basement, long since retired, but I dread having to schlep that bastard to the e-waste site.

Custom powder coating, the next generation of PC case bling.

That kind of coating can look really nice on some things, but it’s also super scratch-prone (so maybe don’t think about it if you’re too obsessive to live with the scratched results).

My Lian Li Lancool III case was fantastic, but so big and I’m in a bit of a tight space.

I moved to the smaller, new Thermaltake Tower 300. It has a vertical orientation, and I had to move from a full ATX to an ITX board but otherwise, all the same parts. It easily fit my 4090 and it handles large AIO as well (That’s the Lian Li GAL 2 LCD AiO). It is a bit of a PITA as the motherboard back panel is under the toop shround, and you need to loosen hand screws and swing out the top fan exhats plate to access the cables. But once you’re set up, that doesn’t come up very often. Overall, loving it.