PC gaming is dead. Someone needs to tell Capcom

Oh noes Street Fighter IV is in production for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Capcom seems to not having got the memo of imminent PC gaming death…

I admit, that writing about SF4 for a PC games audience is going to be amazing.

KG

<obligatory comment about beat em ups on PC and shooters on a console>

It’s not too surprising – the arcade hardware is just off-the-shelf components running XP Embedded, so there won’t be much in the way of porting costs.

Dear Capcom,
Dead Rising, for the PC. Make it happen.
Love,
Rob

Dead Rising, expanded, with co-op, on many platforms!

Capcom seems to not having got the memo of imminent PC gaming death…

That, or their code base makes it a no-hassle port. I’d be willing to bet they didn’t go out of their way to make it happen.

DOMED I TELL YA!

Has Capcom ever gone out of their way to do anything?

Mega man games. Really they’ve gone to the bottom of the well and back.

RE4 on the Wii?

Go for broke; make it Dead Rising 2. Also, RE5 for PC, thanks.

I just noticed Mass Effect is shipping for the PC today. No Xbox 360, so I’ll probably pick it up. I went over to Gamefaqs to look at their PC schedule for the first time in a long time, and what do I see?

05/31
Amorous Professor Cherry
Cosplay Fetish Academy

Those are Japanese games, of course, but those are also North America releases. Since when does gamefaqs list hentai games? So OK, not only is PC Gaming Domed, but the dome has cracked, and little bits of concrete are falling on the few people still left in the place.

They’ve listed 'em forever. The REAL question here is… why are they categorized as “Adventure/General”?

Finally, the adventure resurgence!

Maybe you people don’t realize it, but Cosplay Fetish Academy is the latest from Ron Gilbert. It’s a spiritual sequel to Monkey Island II.

Hey, if Cosplay Fetish Academy is good enough for IGN to put up a marketing blurb then that’s good enough for me.

Awesome, but when do we get Doki Doki Majo Shinpan?

The franchise has a long history on PC–though this’ll be the first in a while.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Peter

Great news! This had better be crossplatform.

Given that all the mainline REs have come to PC (as well as Survivor), #5 is a good bet … albeit for 2010 or thereabouts. :)

Peter