PC Upgrade - Looking for advice

New ASRock Z390 Extreme4 arrived this afternoon, got everything squared away and just have to await the CPU. Only took half an hour or so.

The headers were much trickier than they were on the Gigabyte Z370M I initially went with on this build. They’re located at the extreme edge of one side of the motherboard that has about half a millimeter clearance next to the PSU chamber of the case, and they were super hard to see and interact with. Especially for these middle-aged eyes. I almost wished for a way to connect the headers before attaching the MB to the case, but this wasn’t an option. But I think everything is hooked up correctly. I’ll probably defer testing until the CPU arrives, which may not be before the end of November, the way things are looking, damn it. I suppose I could test the power and reset switches, but I didn’t bother.

The RAM installed fine as well, but the legs for the fan felt very loose when attached to the memory socket, and I don’t think I was doing it right. I was also somewhat baffled by the various connectors and stuff. Corsair provides very minimal documentation, where every step is literally one short sentence, and the diagrams don’t add much. I’ll put aside all that crap and come back to it after watching some youtube tutorials, or something. Might not even bother installing the fan, doubt it’s strictly necessary as I won’t have a particularly hot case (not overclocking, good basic cooling/ventilation).