People who need to be hit in the skull with a baseball bat

Or between EE and P&R.

Who knew a thread titled “People who need to be hit in the skull with a baseball bat” would have gone this way!

It is missing a couple things that would make it uniquely Qt3, but as soon as I mention them, the thread will implode with stupid pictures and links.

I do approve of what I hath wrought. (that’s not right is it?)

Cough.

What, me?

No, I didn’t post in this thread.

What did you do, Ray?!

Can I get a GIF of the eggplant or whatever saying LOLWHUT?

H.

Which do you disagree with?

North Korea is very stable. It survived a near-genocidal man-made famine with its leadership intact. It currently is holding its far wealthier, far more militarily powerful neighbor hostage and winning.

Juche is a religion. Kim Il Sung is worshipped literally as a god-king. He is still technically the president of North Korea despite the small handicap of being dead.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/IE12Dg01.html

(Incidentally both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong-il desperately need to be hit in the skull with a baseball bat.)

Marxism as a religion is of course more arguable, but Marxism has its true believers much as any other religion, and militant atheism is capable of inflicting as much human misery as militant theocracy.

Houngan

EpicBoy, you are officially an overacheiver. I didn’t expect to get Jesus along with my LOLWUT anthro-pear.

Lum, I just hadn’t heard anyone refer to NK as stable. Longevity of the government is an interesting way to look at it, I suppose, but the infrastructure and humanitarian problems seem to argue against.

H.

Heh. I guess there’s an argument there for finding the US to be unstable.

Yes. What I should have said was that bad things happen any time you try to legislate people into accepting a particular ideology. Whether it’s the Inquisition stringing up folks for not being Roman Catholic or Communism stringing them up because they are, it’s a shitty thing to do to people.

So, let’s add to the list of people who need to be hit in the skull with a baseball bat: People who think their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) are the only “right” ones.

I whole-heartedly support that one. Grew up being preached to that Southern Baptists knew it all. Now I have fence-riding atheist/agnostic acquaintance who is sure he has it all figured out. Both sides have attempted to condescend to poor, lowly me and explain how their beliefs are 100% accurate and that I am a moron for not buying in.

[Crack]

And the Dutch!