Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

Oh, wow, that’s out tomorrow! Sweet!

I’ve been holding out for when they make stealth more viable, but I guess this DLC will do instead.

-Tom

Right there with you Tom! :)

In fact, I was so itchy to play it (while at work), i passed by the reddit for the game, and glad i did. Saw this notice

"The Blood and Titanium DLC contains some narrative missions for The Pure subfaction. These missions give certain technologies as a reward, which are required to complete The Pure story arc. These missions are time-sensitive once they appear on the Geoscape, and should be responded to ASAP.

If these missions are missed, don’t worry - it is still possible to obtain the required tech in other ways (such as through stealing and reverse engineering).

We will be releasing a hotfix next week to provide a timer for the player to see how long is remaining to complete the missions."

Played a few hours tonight, enjoying, and feels the same (but faster load times and less glitches) so far, Have to go to bed sadly, old and have to get up early :)

Ok there are still a few OP combos left lol. I’ve got rally the troops on 4 of my guys and it turns a few of my guys into near endless turns. Add Dash and a few rapid clearance and you can finish a map in a single turn.

The techs have been buffed with a endless heal power (cost 2 ap) so more utility now. Rage burst with the above means you can still kill a boss in a single turn.

Loving it just as much as before, despite the nerfs, mainly because i’ve found all new OPs to play with, a few other possible OPs, trying to figure out if they are viable.

Played most of the way through on the new version. It’s better - a more reasonable curve with fewer spikes, but many significant issues remain. The mortar enemies still ruin the game and the UI is still both badly designed and buggy.

I lost all of last night to this. What a great game. The originator of the genre showing everyone how it should be done, yet again. Really enjoying this so far.

Oh fyi re: gender comments above. You can edit a soldiers gender / name, appearance anytime you like now. No idea when this was added but fyi .

As far as I recall it was always that way. But people just glossed over it in the character screen.

I think it was broken at one point and was fixed in the big update.

The next patch is coming quite soon. We do not want to give the exact date yet but approximately 10 days. Ideas which are in progress on Canny should be included in the next patch.

https://feedback.phoenixpoint.info/

Some welcome changes are coming. I’m happy to see them working to improve the game!

New update released

So now I’ve got this, Chimera Squad and Gear Tactics :/

I need a 2iC :)

The Danforth update is live:

Nice! Glad I waited to start playing.

Help me, hivemind!

I have restarted play with the Blood & Titanium DLC toggled on. Within this game I find that my initial base, and a second I picked up early, lack the option to build food production sites. Color me ignorant, is this a feature? Can I expect to unlock the ability to build them through research, or are they disabled?

I think that’s intentional, at least as far as I remember. This may have changed somewhat in all these patches since I played at launch but your income early game comes from scavenging missions and the like. You can also trade with friendly enclaves.

I believe this is as intended. The update either removed base gardens, or put them somewhere on the tech tree I haven’t seen yet. You can, however, eat aliens if you get hungry enough. I’m not making that up.

-Tom

From the changelog:

Food Production facility now requires the “Fungal Food Production” research in order to unlock it.

Thanks you guys. I read patch notes, but the wrong patch . . . and failed therefore to find this nugget. I think I like this change. Building a couple food producers at the very beginning felt too much like a no-brainer necessity and after building two and trading regularly I never, ever came close to a resource shortage. I expect the change will have me needing to make some tougher choices and pursue research and missions that give the thing I am most in need of. Cool.

Yet . . . where do I get my veggie farming fix from? Do I need to go play Farmville? The horror! :-P

v1.8 incoming. I wish I hadn’t played through this in its first incarnation.

Geoscape

• Improved aircraft selection UI
  • Added Phoenix base selection functionality
  • Reworked personnel screen
    • Vehicles are shown along the soldiers
    • Soldiers and vehicles are divided by the location they are at
    • Added basic stats for each soldier and service record
  • Character equipment and training screens are merged and information for stealth, accuracy and perception is added
    • Dismiss of soldiers is now accessible only from this screen
  • There is a new tab in personnel screen showing the soldier memorial
  • New game over screen with gameplay statistics
  • Factions can now attack Phoenix bases when at war with Phoenix
  • When New Jericho is attacking a Pandoran base now you can join in the attack and you will encounter some of their soldiers in battle
  • Ancient Guardians: expanded list of resistances
  • Project Glory now researchable after the first mention of the ancient civilization in the main story
  • Bionic Fortress: increased deployment
  • DLC 1 and 2: a number of missions have rewards increased

Tactical

• Visual upgrade of the tactical UI
    • Portraits are now showing hit points along with will points and action points
    • Advanced information about weapons can be activated from the gameplay options

Other

• Controller scheme rework - complete rework of Tactical and Geoscape controller scheme, there is no longer a free cursor in the game
  • New neutral haven special mission

Last time I played this it was better than previous versions but I burned out playing the 2nd DLC sites; after discovering and clearing half a dozen of them I still had no clue how to actually build the fancy weapons it was putting in my crafting list.