Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

People watching this thread may also be interested in a similar slightly fantastic game coming out soon:

Delayed another 3 months from June to September 2019.

I’m not surprised, and to be honest even though I backed this one, I haven’t paid any attention to the release date and so I wasn’t expecting it out in the summer anyway.

So the fact that it’s delayed to Sept I guess for me at least isn’t really a delay as I had no expectation of it releasing till basically the end of this year regardless, haha.

Gollop will not gallop.

Gollop got stuck in glop

To the Epic thread!

LOL. Epic Store ruins everything.

Fuck.

I backed this with a different expectation and now my decision is being forced. Well, I will strongly consider the refund option Julian mentioned.

Julian is a class act, he won’t leave customers whose expectations aren’t met out of pocket.

I’m happy it’s going to Epic.

I’m happy you slammed your thumb in the door the other day, Jason!

Ugh, I don’t want to have any more store accounts. I would probably not get around to playing this until 2023 or so anyways, so maybe I’ll take the refund and get it some other time. Or on the Switch, that would be neat. Please announce it for the Switch next.

It’s a shame, because I was looking forward to it. Shows you how much money Epic is throwing at devs, that they don’t care about what happens for a whole year.

The backlash around this is incredible, page after page of the ResetEra thread is just very upset fans/backers, the YouTube video has incredible dislike/like ratio, and the YT comments are … wow. I understand the two main reddit sub threads are … very unhappy, as well. Good luck on that AMA tomorrow, guys.

Can someone who uses reddit please ask in the AMA if it they can provide steam keys with the DLC after the one year exclusivity deal is over? #obnoxiousinternetentitlement

This is the dumbest thing they could have done. They had so much goodwill from the community and they blew it.

This should be the link for the Refund Request:

I don’t understand the hate for anything that isn’t Steam.

People like me backed early to support the vision/game with the promise that we would get a GOG or Steam key…hell I would even be happy with a direct download from their website and manual patching.

Now those options have been stripped from early backers.

Phoenix Point would not have been a reality or a product that could be picked up by Epic if not for the early backers so it is extra scummy.

I also backed it. If it’s something on principle, sure. I think Steam needs competition and before they got all this goodwill, they forced everyone to use their product.