Picard show confirmed

A poster!

Is the voiceover Gina Torres?!

I’m sorry to have to tell you… they were both killed.

I am not a star trek fan, because is pop culture, and fuck that. I wear fancier pink pants with flyiing bits and sparkly dust. But I think I have watched (more or less accidentally) all of star trek on a single premise, is usually entertaining, relaxing in his own way. More star trek is better, if is not tryiing to be Fast and Furious with federation shuttles.

Fucking A, stay weird brah!

I’m reading on my phone (internet is down) and I thought this thread said “Pinard show confirmed”. I was like Cool!

Can’t wait! When does it air?

There is a big empty hole in the TV landscape where Bob Ross lived. Just happy little accidents in the frop bog.

I came into the thread for Picard but I stayed for the jokes. Top notch stuff, everyone.

You know in passing it started out NOT as pop culture. Gene Roddenberry was way ahead of his time. He disliked the military-ness star trek became in the latter years.

I am sure you probably won’t want to read this (if you are anti-pop culture in the extreme) but it is a fascinating look at how a creator of a idea that moves IN to pop culture sees it monetized.

I, for one, will look forward to “Picard” because he is a great character (he teared up when it was announced he would be back – I may link that) --but I would love to see Roddenberry’s dream (anti-pop culture ) played out in a series that was much more what he wanted.

(I say “way ahead of his time” In a way that isn’t probably correct considering our times now)

I am a bit foggy, but why would Picard not be at the vineyard? Did something happen to him in the movies?

In the first TNG movie (Generations) they decided to kill his brother and nephew in a fire (who lived at the family vineyard).

Heck yak he was turned into a borg and then came out of it to dad the federation to victory. But the scars remain…This could be the best star trek since DS9!

This requires some explanation. How? What?

Led, I think that means.

Well, he lived a lifetime as a dad in The Inner Light, and it changed him as much as being a Borg did, so I’d agree he managed to dad the federation to victory.

Lol I am pretty sure I meant “lead” but that you guys worked around that makes me very pleased.

Well, I’m glad Picard recovered enough from his time with the Borg to romp around in dune buggies and do the whole Tarzan rope swing thing!

https://trekmovie.com/2019/05/22/a-close-up-look-at-starfleet-uniforms-from-star-trek-picard/