Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You can turn it off in the options, I just happen to like it.

Great, thanks.

Oh thank God. I’m with Balasarius, that drives me nuts.

Oh yeah, it’s the worst and Scott is a monster.

In related news, @Scotch_Lufkin is now famous.

LOL that’s awesome, thanks for sharing that!

I’ve seen people link my videos both on the official forums and over at ResetEra, which is kind of awesome. I’m glad people are digging them, they are fun to make as well. I have a literal list of requests I need to try and tackle after work, maybe try and do two short ones before the boy demands to watch shows we had to skip last night because he had homework. We’ll see how that works out.

One down:

I was playing with Beguiled/Assassin last night, pretty effective build.

New code found, up to 33/55

Thanks @John_Reynolds , I caught up today and entered in all 33 codes so far.

One thing we don’t seem to have discussed so far is party builds.

You get a max of 5 characters i believe?

I’m thinking a Fighter/ Paladin and a Rogue upfront.

A Cleric in the middle.

a Wizard and a Druid at the back.

Or maybe just 5 Druids for animal fun.

I love these kinds of RPG systems, but I’ve only been tangentially following the discussion since my PC class will be defined by the companions I’m less interested in. I’ll probably end up playing a Barbarian/Cipher to replace the furbee npc.

I plan on my Votary as one of the two tanks (Eder being the other), with Aloth and then two other companions (a rogue for the traps and locks, and some type of healer, most likely a cleric). 2nd play through I’ll avoid paladins so I can take Pelegina, but my class choices will probably be based also on the other companions I didn’t use the first time. I’ll go with the diamond formation (2 tanks in front, rogue in middle, casters in back).

I doubt I multi-class the companions so I can max out their PLs for the roles I want them to play in the party. Multi-classing will be restricted for my toon.

@Scotch_Lufkin - just an fyi, but it’s VERY disappointing to come home from work and not have a new Deadfire video to watch. :D

LOL sorry about that, real life interfered, but have no fear I’m going to record shortly. ;)

A look at Spellblade, Psyblade, and … and Ogre?

Ogre looks OP…

On a serious note, I enjoyed both of the other classes quite a bit. The quick buffing is nice.

Possibly stupid question: the running passives most classes have. . .do they stack? I built yet another Votary and took the pally passive, which gives 15% stride, compared to the monk’s, which is 25% stride. I highly doubt they stack, but if they don’t that’s one example of players really wasting those upgrade points.

Most passives stack. The only thing that didn’t stack in the original was stat bonuses from gear iirc.

They definitively stack.

I leveled up to 2 and picked the +15% one when in combat (movement speed is identical outside of combat for all characters, a lesson I hope Pathfinder Kingmaker takes to heart) my Votary ran a little faster than the Fighter. I mean, probably 15% faster.

I reloaded, leveled up to 4 and picked Long Stride (+25%) and was very much yet again faster than the Fighter, this time well outpacing him.

Proving once again, you don’t have to be faster than the monster, just faster than the tank. :)

Cool, I’m glad to see that. I was too lazy to test it myself, getting burned out on the beta. Thanks for the responses.

No worries, I am a little as well. I was looking forward to a break from it with God of War but Amazon dropped the ball so my copy won’t be here until Monday, and I won’t really care by then because Battletech. I was looking forward to have something to play over the weekend instead of PoE2 beta. Ah well, what can you do?