Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

That’s kinda of how I feel about it. I think I’m more likely to play PoE2 multiple times than most games, mostly based on your excitement for the different classes / sub classes. If I knew I’d play several times I’d be tempted to play with the options turned off for the first play, just to retain some surprise and then see all the options for subsequent plays. But I know how rare it is for me to do several plays of a game like this so even if I intend to I don’t know if I actually will.

Yeah, exactly - and for this game being reportedly 80+ hours long (I assume this is exploring, reading optional text, and taking your time of course, but those are all things I expect to be doing in my first play through) it’s extra hard to play through it multiple times. Hell,I’ve still only played The Witcher 3 through once (and the DLC once each) and the idea of doing that all again is daunting (though exciting… someday).

It occurred to me that at some point already in Cohh’s stream he would have had a companion join him, and I wanted to see how that looked, so I took a picture. It’s not actually a spoiler, but just in case I’ll blur it out.

Immediately after this, Cohh didn’t look at the stat page, and I don’t want to see any more of the game so I bailed again, but it doesn’t seem like there was a way to pick initial stats (and I suspect he has the option “auto-level companions when they join” selected, because it was defaulted to ON in the beta. I think if he had cleared that check box he could have leveled him up manually - OR it’s also possible he’s still level 1 himself, I have no idea).

Haven’t been paying attention to this, but holy crap they certainly upgraded the graphics and animations compared to POE1. Still need to get back to finishing that…

I changed my link for the passive/ability tree look because he put them up as a separate YouTube video, spoiler free (unless you want the ability trees to be a surprise, I suppose). I’ll paste it here as well for convenience.

Avenger? 😂

LOL it’s been on my mind since Saturday. :)

@Scotch_Lufkin, even blurred, I know who that is! Hello again old friend!

I’m working at home today and I saw POE2 was being streamed but this is a title I’m definitely not going to watch anybody else play.

As far as showing or hiding extra conversation options, I like showing them - it’s not like you know what would be said, you just know (if it’s like in the original) that a character with Dex 14 would have had a different option. That doesn’t spoil things for me too much (plus, there’s no guarantee the extra conversation choice is a good one!).

I’m too weak to resist, I’m watching both videos of actual gameplay. So far it looks fantastic.

PoE 2 pre-loading’s live on Steam!

Thanks for the tip, I would never have noticed and it’s now 50% d/l.

Kind of the end of an era for me. I’m going to miss working on character builds and such, for sure. I did one last video but I think the best move is to uninstall and hide the beta so I can approach the full game fresh next week. Finally!

And I also watched a little of the stream, mostly just skipping around until I saw a menu or a fight, because I wanted to see how he built and leveled up his main Monk/Druid character and what some of the early game combat looks like. So far so good from what I saw.

I thought I better pre-load. I guess it wasn’t critical though.

If it takes more than 5 minutes to unpack/decrypt I’m going to be kicking myself while I stare at a progress bar.

Also, how crazy is the compression on a game that takes 45GB of drive space but is only 17GB to download?

45 GB? It says 35 GB on GOG. Also, no preload there, so I guess I’ll have to wait for the 8th. ;)

They updated the disk space requirements just today, GOG may be a bit behind.

Good grief. I did just clear out a bunch of stuff off the hard drive to make room for this but I’d never checked the requirements. I usually try and keep 40% of my SSD free out of habit, good thing I do as I don’t want to delete anything else at the moment.

A bunch of new scavenger hunt codes are up on reddit, I was 10 codes behind!

that 45g probably includes allocating space for the future expansions…that way, no one has problems when they drop

I don’t think so. It’s more likely the fact the game features full VO.

Cool new videos, @Scotch_Lufkin. However, in the Celebrant video, the Fighter is a level 1 character. That’s why she and the wolf are so weak.

Yeah, a few folks noticed that on the comments. I think what happened is I leveled her up, tested it and the fight went poorly, and when I reloaded the game I forgot to re-level her up. I must have forgotten to throw an F5 at it after leveling her up. Silly. But, think how well the Hunter acquitted herself at level 1 against such a fearsome foe!