Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Maybe it’s just me, but it’s f’n painful watching that Cohh guy play the game. He’s terrible at it. Yeah, configure Eder to be your tank and put him in the back of the party.

Well this is certainly a thing happening.

Congrats! It´s absolutely deserved.

Thanks!

Nothing has happened since those tweets. I DM’d that Mikey fella but haven’t heard anything back so far. Still, it’s pretty cool to even be acknowledged like that, regardless.

That’s cool Scott, nice job! Maybe a career at Obsidian next? :-)

Play your cards right and they’ll bring you to the studio. Perhaps do a video with you. Could be a blast!

That’s sweet, Scott. Congrats on the shout out and (hopefully) early key.

Congrats on getting recognition for all the work you did!

Yes, congrats! The videos were a lot of fun to watch, thanks.

Thanks guys! I’m glad everyone liked the videos so well. Looking back my class videos for PoE1 were pretty popular too, but there was less to do because of a lack of multiclassing. My Cipher video got a LOT of hits, wtf.

I still haven’t received any code or anything yet, the PR guy from Obsidian was super cool and emailed me late yesterday afternoon (probably around 4pm his time, I think he was out of CA) and CC’d some guy asking him to hook me up, but also told me in a DM that guy was pretty slammed right now so it may take a bit. And I don’t even know if said guy is working on a Sunday, so I’m just going to keep chugging away at God of War for now. I’ll drop an update if I manage to get to play PoE2 early.

It’ll be ironic I took a half day off from work on Tuesday to leave at noon when the game drops if I have access on Monday.

I was taking some notes in the class video Cohh put up and I didn’t even notice this, but Fighters seem to have a new ability at power level 4 that wasn’t in the beta, and it’s a freaking beast:

Bonus damage, a massive bonus to penetration, and a Full Attack on top of it? Goodness. This is every dual-wielding swashbucklers dream. You could almost over-penetrate with a non-crit with this.

Also, full disclosure, I may have done if not the nerdiest thing of my life yesterday, but probably damn close - I made a spreadsheet with every Wizard spell by school and power level, so I could accurately determine how painful it is to lose any two given schools (if one were to subclass as a Wizard). I came up with the realization that (aside from the bolded spells in the Spells I Will Miss section, plus the ones I don’t know I will miss out on) I think an Evoker is very doable, and should be a lot of fun with the bonus power level to damage dealing spells being the most effective use of bonus power levels. I leveled-up-on-paper to 20 and never once had any problems with choices - in fact, it was tremendously hard at most of the levels to pick what I wanted even without two of the schools as options. There are a LOT of wizard spells per school per power level.

I think I was talking at my screen when Eder hit high enough to take Penetrating Strike and Cohh passed over it. “It’s a full attack ability, dude, take it!!!”

Awesome!

I have a thing for this, but it feels like another thread entirely. What the hell, it’s Sunday!

e: Another thread entirely!

Watching Cohh’s stream on and off (it’s up on the second monitor whilst I do other things) this looks like the decidedly superior improvement on PoE1’s formula that I was hoping it would be.

Also, giving special weapons their own unique enchant possibilities was a great idea.

Guys…
It’s happening.

EDIT:

Alright I’m convinced by what I’ve seen to drop on the Obsidian Edition.

Going Chanter(Skald)/Fighter(Devoted) for crit phrase generation funtimes with the paralyze spell. But the multiclassing just leads to so much more fun build planning in the vein of the recent Divinity games.

@Scotch_Lufkin, people like you are why people make games.

Well, the money as well obviously, but a happy customer is always fun.

Congrats and thanks again! I don’t remember what I did in the first game either and I forget what the implications are . Is there a good summary somewhere of what the implications of all these choices were?