Pinball FX 2

There’s something weird with the backwards compatibility at this point. From where I’m sitting, it looks like Earth Defense – which I really want – and Super Street Fighter II – about which I couldn’t care less – aren’t currently available.

Justin, send me another friend request if you weren’t able to before. I cleared out some space on my friends list.

-Tom

Done. Bring it!

I noticed the weirdness with the Street Fighter table (i.e. only the trial is available), but I think I downloaded Earth Defense Force. Or maybe not. The current listings are a bit confusing.

Wow, this is really great. I love the implementation of how the game intimately ties in friends’ scores. Right now, the only person on my friends list with scores on all the tables is Denny. I just beat your Speed Machine score Denny. Not only does it update how much I need to beat the score during the game, afterwords they make cute use of avatars to show me dethroning Denny. That was pretty funny.

I currently have all but the SFIV and EDF tables, I’ll buy those today (in addition to the four new ones). Looking forward to getting home and trying it out. Also excited that apparently the Mars and Paranormal tables from PS3’s Zen Pinball are coming to PFX2.

I need to bump some deadbeats off my friends list and add you guys… Right now I just have Tom and Rock8Man. The competitive stuff is too good not to have more friends to battle. Particularly since Tom and Rock8Man both seem to have more time for pinball than I do. :)

Going to try out the new version tonight after the Rangers (hopefully) whomp on the Giants…

Right on! Home from my classes and now on to FX2.

Tom, if you (or anyone else here on qt3, for that matter) add ‘MinkStaccato’ to your friends list, I’ll be happy to give you a run for your money on the high score front.

~mink~

I’ll definitely upgrade soon (tonight?). I loved the first one and I believe I have every DLC table (except maybe EDF).

I only have Pinball FX, and the free table Buccaneer, so that means I have 4 tables without even buying anything in FX 2. What a brilliant idea to rope someone in. The original four tables play much, much better in FX 2. Must be the improved physics.

I’ll have to kick someone off my friends list and add you Tom, if you have some room. A big thanks to Denny and GarDrastic for having points and adding a big multiplier to my wizard score. What is a wizard score? I have no idea.

That’s good to hear. Hopefully any annoyances that bugged me from the first tables are gone now.

Ok, just grabbed it, only played 2 tables not a lot of you to compare to yet but just got 19 million on Biolab, get cracking on that Tom!

I will be picking this up tonight. Feel free to send me an invite if you play – I want some leaderboard competition! Please put “pinball FX” in your invite though if you don’t mind…

“Xemu” is the gamertag of course. :)

I’ve added everyone that seemed open to it - hopefully I’ll be as competitive as Geometry Wars!

Your GT wouldn’t work for me - is it formatted differently?

Pinball FX 2 is awesome! It fixes the main complaint most people had with Pinball FX 1 – bad physics – and it imported all my old tables to boot.

protip: go into the options to turn off that annoying exaggerated ball vapor trail glow and the gamey holographic scores superimposed over the ball. You can also turn down the underscan so it fits on screen better.

Also excited that apparently the Mars and Paranormal tables from PS3’s Zen Pinball are coming to PFX2.

Where’d you hear that?

The PS3 Zen Pinball has four default tables

• V12
  • El Dorado
  • Shaman
  • Tesla

Any chance of those making it over as DLC too?

Ok, I am not King of my friends list…

Also, I want to reiterate that if you like this and own an iPhone you must get Pinball HD and Slayer Pinball.

I’ll be buying it and clearing my friends list post haste. I think I have Xemu already, but I will add you MinkStaccato and TomChick as well if you will have me. I need to clear a lot of friends (please increase it MS!), but feel free to add TommyTutone.

Anyone know how to activate the backwards compatibility? It let me activate my old dlc tables but not the standard ones from the first game.

Just bought this and will try to add some of the folks in this thread to my friends list. Feel free to add me as well. My GT is Klamiti.