Pinball FX 2

Best on the recommendations:

Purchased:
Epic Quest
Excalibur
Avenger’s Chronicle Pack

Thanks, everyone for sharing your favorite tables!

I am looking forward to playing these on the TV via the link :)

I’ll be interested in seeing if you can get the timing down for remote play. I wasn’t fully satisfied. Pinball games are really lag-intolerant.

It took like 4 hours to beat homard’s score on Earth Defense. The second time I played I fell < 100,000 points short on a 90 million score. It then took a whole bunch of trying to repeat that and finally win. I even failed two attempts when I got 50-60 million on my first ball on two separate occasions. So many of my high scores on the early set of tables have already been beaten. I’m not sure I’ll have the stamina to make a second pass!

@robc04

I started to play and you are everywhere like 90 million higher than my highest score! Kudos to you! :

Is you Steam link hard wired or wireless?

I hope to give it a shot tonight but I am so bad even when playing in front of my computer I probably will not be able to tell. :)

So if you were only going to buy one table, what would it be? I’ve been eyeing Mars based on a few things in this thread, plus the description of ‘good for beginners’. I used to play a lot of actual pinball, and really loved it at one point, so looking to try and rekindle that.

I may buy more tables, just looking for opinions as to what would be good to get back on the horse, something not super complicated to begin with.

Cheers!

My experience was with XB1 remote play on a Windows 10 PC. Analagous, but not the same, so maybe your mileage will differ.

Homard is the pinball king. There are several other players who have already beaten most of my set of high scores too.

Mars is a good table to start with in my opinion. Same with Sorcerer’s Lair. What I like about Mars is the ease in starting missions. It is a table that does value good precision, especially when it comes to hitting the orbit lanes. The bumpers and spinners are important for some of the missions that appear. The ramps make it easy to get the left and right kickbacks activated, and it is a good idea to keep those up. I can not remember how to earn extra balls though. I find that draining down the middle is difficult, provided I commit to launching the ball up one particular ramp. I just had a quick run now, and on my first ball, feeling out of practice, I managed to get 81 million points with a 6x multiplier. For me, it took a fair bit of work to get there - complete the spider mission twice, get to the point of docking the satellite, building up two parts of the pyramid, complete two of the random missions that come up (refill fuel tanks and I forget the other) and land a 6x multiplier.

Furthermore, I just find Mars relaxing to play. Nice aesthetic, it isn’t busy near the flippers and doesn’t feel punishingly difficult.

Also, this is my profile if anyone wants to friend me so they can show off their high scores. I haven’t played much since the score resets, but I’m keen to find some scores to beat.

Sent you an invite!

GAH, 290,000 under RobC’s record on Amazing Spider-Man! So annoyed!

It’s painful when you get so close!

I tried it using the Steam Controller and link. I did not notice any lagging or timing issues (I was able to increase my score from 1,000,000 to about 6,000,000 which is good for me right now). I do have the link hardwired.

My biggest problem is really trying to see far back from the TV - I have been trying to use View 3 - the one that seems to follow the ball around - but then you miss things like where to aim etc).

Are there any sites that explain how to score on each table? I have been searching but not finding anything so far. My biggest problem is that I am not sure what to do on each board.

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?4006-Official-Pinball-Table-Guides

Here you go: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?4006-Official-Pinball-Table-Guides

Edit: I’m too slow

Tables are 50-75% off on Steam now.

I played a bit of the Paranormal and Pasha tables today. Today seems to be the day where I’m actually doing well as far as accuracy goes, and now that I’m a little more liberal in using the tilt keys, my play ability is doing better for it. Paranormal, I managed to actually complete a number of missions that I’d never managed before - Levitating Ball, Doppleganger and the videomode chasing down the monster. As a result, I beat your score Rob :p I don’t even know if I can even replicate that score of 66 million again.

I’m getting used to people beating my scores :-)

Really? I felt pretty good by getting within 50,000 of your score on one table. That remains the closest I’ve ever gotten.

It was Tesla, granted, but still.