PlayStation 5

They’re queueing!

https://direct-queue.playstation.com/?c=sonyied&e=64gruh9ge2&ver=v3-javascript-3.6.3&cver=208&man=PS%20Direct%20Prod%20KU%20Action&t=https%3A%2F%2Fdirect.playstation.com%2Fen-us%2Fconsoles%2Fconsole%2Fplaystation5-console.3005816&kupver=akamai-1.0.2

It’s pretty awesome. I can’t use it for Warzone though because I’m so accustomed to the back button attachment on the PS4 controller now. Really hoping they have a plan for something similar for the PS5 Dual Sense. I’d like to use it more.

Also, I’ve been going back and forth between my SteelSeries Arctis headset and the Sony PULSE 3D headset and dammit if that PULSE 3D isn’t just plain better. I hear things in it that I definitely can’t pick up while wearing the SteelSeries. If the microphone wasn’t total ASS, I’d move the SteelSeries to the PC permanently.

Oh boy, my random spot in the queue has an estimated wait time of more than a hour. Yay! What do we have? Another month or three before we can easily buy one?

To be fair, I like a “fair” lottery (waiting room, randomized queue after that, PSN account check) better than basically every other retailer’s way of doing this! But yeah, still very low % chance to get lucky, it seems. Some day.

I think the queue is definitely the fairest of the ways you can find one right now, especially since lots of people don’t want to venture out due to COVID. I’ll keep posting here when I see it going up. If you have the dough ready, just keep trying!

Holy smoke!

That’s one hell of a month. Don’t forget to claim them! Notable is Concrete Genie has VR support.

Finally extended gameplay of Destruction Allstars

Hah, of course. Frustrated that I bought the complete Control on PS4 prior to the “Ultimate Edition” that would get me the PS5 upgrade, I still begrudgingly shelled out more cash when the ultimate edition was on sale last year for $20 (instead of $40) because I really wanted to return to this game on the PS5.

And now it will be free. 🤦🏼‍♂️

That sucks. I assume you bought them digitally?

I own it on the PC and paid $30 on sale. I played but did not finish it. I bought it for all my kids for Christmas this year too since it is really great (and it was cheap in year end sales), but yeah, PS Plus is delivering with that one.

I have been much better at not buying new games unless I’m playing it immediately. It’s a good shift to make I think in this age of giveaways and services.

Yup, all digital. Oh well. I still buy games on sale that I know are going straight into the backlog, because I like to imagine I have a good handle on likely price points.

Like the Assassins Creed games, I’m always at least one or two behind, but usually 9-12 months after a new one you can get the full ultimate season pass version on sale for $30. They never get much cheaper, and they’re never free with XBL or PS+.

I just did not expect Control to be a PS+ game.

I Platinum’d the main game, but I haven’t touched the DLC, so I’m glad at least to have some new stuff to work on when I fire it up on the PS5 next month.

Nice. I’m not interested in Destruction All Stars, but Control Ultimate is a very nice addition. That means whenever I get the PS5, if I haven’t played it on the Xbox yet, it will be available in all its ray-traced glory for me.

And Concrete Genie looks good as a VR game. I think I’ll get a PSVR eventually, so it’s nice to have something.

Arg, today’s batch on PlayStation Direct is only the digital version. At least I’m getting the highs of gambling without any fiscal losses.

Yay! I finally got one (but only the digital version) on today’s PlayStation Direct drop after trying fruitlessly since launch. I would have preferred the disc version, but it’ll do!

I think (and hope) that the planned hardware purchases for 2020 & 2021 are over. Pandemic scarcity and scalping made the once-simple process of trading money for goods so fucking difficult.

Diego

Congratulations! Hopefully you’ll receive it in time to snag the January PS Plus games too. Be sure to claim the entire PS Plus Collection right away too.

You can claim them on the web page, you don’t need a console, just an FYI.

Scott, if this is true you’ll have made me a happy man. Seeing the big PS+ games for PS5 and thinking I was missing out on them was only making me more frustrated about not being able to find the console

Can you claim PS5 games without a PS5 though?

You can claim PS5 games through the web, yes, you just can’t claim the PS+ Collection of 20 games that’s separate.

Yeah, same with Vita or PS4 titles.

EDIT: Basically, you aren’t punished for not owning a system yet - they want you to buy a console, what better way than free games!

Question: I just got a PS5 and am doing a system transfer from my PS4. It failed once and then I needed to restart it. This left a huge chunk of “other” on my SSD which I just…can’t do anything with. It’s not disappearing on its own and I don’t know how to get rid of it.

When I tried restarting it, that chunk of space was just gone, leaving me with ~200GB less space.

Anyone know how to work around this other than doing a complete factory reset?