PlayStation 5

Ugh, man, this isn’t what I was hoping to hear.

Wow, thanks for mentioning we can add PS5 games to our PS+ library from their web site. I hadn’t known that before. This was my first month of PS+, and I grabbed Maneater just days before the selection changes. When I can buy you and you arrive, PS5, there will be hell to play. (In a good sense. I could have been more clear.)

If you have a friend with a PS5 and you trust them, ask if you can sign-in to their PS5 so you can also claim the 20 games from the PS+ collection :-)

Returnal got a one month delay to April.

I thought Sony was banning people for doing that or something? Isn’t it safer to just wait until you have a PS5 yourself one day? I don’t think the PS+ collection is going to go anywhere.

I too am under the impression they are banning people for that. I don’t know exactly what the criteria is though, but I suspect it is not worth the risk for most.

Am I the only one who thinks the basic gameplay of Destruction Allstars looks pretty cool, but the game modes seem seriously lacklustre? I’m also not really sure what getting out of the car adds other than a bit of verticality.

They were banning people who were selling access to their PS5s, resulting in dozens of PSN accounts logging in from a single system. If you do it for like one or two family members or friends, you probably won’t be hit. I wouldn’t risk beyond that.

I think it looks like it could be really fun as well. I like the idea of constantly losing cars and needing to evade drivers on foot to try and find a new vehicle, or hijack one from another player. The tornado mode sounds cool since scoring literally requires you to trash your car.

Yeah it was for people who had shared the PS+ collection with dozens of people. Not just one person signing into someone else’s PS5 once to get it.

You can log onto the PS Store from a computer and add the PS5 games to your library (this doesn’t work from a PS4).
Just hoard them til you have one!! I

Question: this isn’t PS5 related but rather PS Store related.
Can someone give me ONE good explanation as to WHY. ON. EARTH. They removed game trailers from the store? Or am I just an idiot?
I loved checking out games from my couch, especially on sales or every time I wanted something new. I’d just go in, check out titles, a quick flick of the thumb and there you go: game trailers.

But now, they want us to find interesting titles, then go google them or check out youtube?? I mean, this HAS to decrease sale? I just can’t for the life of me understand why they’d want that.

I also have troubles reviewing specs for games that have gold / deluxe or got-editions in the store. They show up as options for buying if I check out the standard title, but I can’t check what extras you get from them (I’ve only tried this on a PC, so I’m not sure if it’s the same on console)

exactly, when I browse the PS Store on console, no trailers, not even screenshots (?) … Same when browsing PS Now games in the app, a lot of game I haven’t heard of, but not even a screenshot.

The time I am back at a browser, I already forgot about it.

It’s also strange that you can access your Wishlist on the console but not on the web store or the PS App.

They’ve removed the wishilish entirely. Where can you access it? I had like 200 games saved there for future buys, all gone…

It’s amazing that Sony managed to take a store that was marginal at best and redesign it to be so much worse, to the point of being nearly unusable.

I always forget which browser I’m supposed to use now where it works. I always used to visit it with Firefox, but you can view games on Firefox now, but you can’t see prices or make purchases. I think it’s Google Chrome that works? Anyway, it’s infuriating. With firefox, I even disabled all my add-ons, and it still won’t show me prices or give me any options to my free PS+ games.

I know? Chrome works best for me, but even then, I have to lognin several times for different parts of the page.

Firefox doesn’t let me log in at all

This is a new wishlist, all the stuff in your previous wishlist will be gone unfortunately. It’s accessible via a heart symbol between search and shopping cart.

Maybe I’m remembering with rose-colored glasses, but in the PS3 generation, it was a lot easier to find demos of games in the store, too. I’m pretty sure there are plenty of PS4 games with demos but they are harder to find, so I’d been more reliant on videos/trailers to get impressions on the games, and to see if they were even worth digging up reviews.

How to get me to buy a game: I play it somewhere and love it > ecstatic word of mouth from trusted friends > rave reviews > promising demos > intriguing trailers > money literally burning a hole in my pocket and the only way to quench it is to waste it on a blind buy or face extensive burns.

Demos were big in general in the 360/PS3 era. Microsoft even required developers to have a demo available for all XBLA game releases. Then I remember there was an article somewhere, maybe Gamasutra, about how demos hurt sales and didn’t help them, and demos dried up really fast after that as they transitioned to the XB1/PS4 era.

I don’t think that’s anything to do with the store, people just stopped making demos after the 360/PS3 era, outside of things like EA Access. It does seem to have picked up again for indies with the Steam Festival, so hopefully something like that will come to consoles too.