PlayStation 5

I’m making my first attempt at actually getting one of these. So lame to have to jam refresh on a site 4 months after launch. Chance of success here is pretty slim. All y’all who preordered one were the smart ones.

I gave up on that and just did the Sony thing. It took 4 tries, but I finally got one. No refreshing or anything.

Good luck!

I had a disk version in checkout at WM twice but the delivery date was 4/12 or something like that…so i decided no way. I will get one eventually.

Holy fuck this sucks. I usually get rejected by captcha chains, finally got one all the way into my cart, verified credit card and address, clicked Place Order–gone. Yeah, maybe i’ll wait for some PS Direct drops.

I went for, and seem to have landed, the Wal-Mart mid-April option. No more daily checking. It was a fun enough game, but I don’t need all the achievements.

When I got my PS5 from Walmart in December, it showed up 3 weeks ahead of the promised date.

A good rule of thumb for any site is if they use captchas then just bail and never go back. It is always a sign of incompetent back end services but particularly when trying to buy something.

The captchas are there because everyone was demanding more protections from scalper bots.

Then they should have provided some! Thats got nothing to do with captchas!

I buy movies. I found zero reason them trapped on Playstation.

Yeah, it’s strange PSN never signed up for MoviesAnywhere, but Sony Pictures did.

I do have the Powers show and The Tester - the two exclusives PlayStation did. They were both free as I remember it. And only the first season of Powers was any good.

Yep if it’s MVA, I’ll buy it on any platform and be pleased as punch. I’ve been doing that for years now, especially since Marvel / Disney is the backer and all their stuff is participating.

I finally managed to buy a PS5 yesterday from Walmart. They have periodically been selling batches of inventory every 10 minutes for a half hour or so, which was really frustrating. What ended up helping was switching to the Walmart mobile app instead of using the web. It let me add a PS5 to my cart which it then told me was out of stock when I tried to checkout, but it didn’t remove it from my cart. I kept hitting the checkout button at the next 10 minute mark and viola, it finished the purchase. It’s not shipping for over a month, but hopefully they’ll come through. Offered up in case this helps anyone score one.

“PlantainStation” announced.

Has anyone noticed a change in the resistance on the triggers on the Dualsense?

This hasn’t negatively affected anything, so maybe it’s a non-issue, but after a lot of hours pulling the right trigger in Control this month, I’ve noticed that when pulling on the left and right triggers, in the small dead zone before you meet the adjustable resistance, the right trigger is now looser.

It’s slight, but it’s noticeable. Pick up the Dualsense with everything powered off, and the right trigger pulls easier. Grabbed my old Xbox and PS4 controllers and squeezed them just now and after however many hundreds of hours they have, there’s not a noticeable difference in tension on the right and left.

I wonder if the haptic tensioner gave out on it?

Man do I hope you’re right. F_ck cryptominers.

I have to admit, one of the things I want to play early on the PS5 is Prey’s Mooncrasher DLC. I hated the base game’s loading times so much. Maybe PS5 will enable an enjoyable experience, because, cheap as it may be, it’s a real stretch to justify purchasing that all again on PC. It’s already a mangled mess of disc base game and digital DLC.

Typically, PS4 games load times are improved but fall far short of the load times found in native PS5 games designed around the architecture.

Good point. I think if it I play it early, if it goes from 60 to 30 seconds, that would feel like a win. Probably everything PS4 will feel awful after getting used to native new-gen performance.