PlayStation 5

Overheating sounds like a good thing to avoid!

I’m pretty sure there’s some guy at Sony that just waits for the day when they’ve tricked enough people into buying the console that he can finally enable the jet engine fan.

He lives for this day.

If I had to guess, most people never blow any dust out of their systems. Most are probably fine right now, but we all know what happens when you let that dust build up in your PC… problems with overheating video cards often manifest quickly and anomalously.

It’s probably a good thing for a lot of people if they allow those fans to kick up higher for future cooling needs.

Well my case makes it easy to access everything. Even with a dust mesh it still requires a little attention once in awhile. These dang console makers act like allowing people easy access to their honestly purchased hardware will somehow open a Pandora box.

Tempted to pick up a 1TB drive now and avoid the inevitable shortage.

Tempting but I would rather wait on confirmation that the make and model is supported and works fine with the system.

This. And if you got a defective one you wouldn’t know in time to get it exchanged.

I did not listen to reason and picked up a 980 Pro since it’s currently on sale on Amazon.

It’s a 7000MB/s drive so I assume this one will work in the PS5 when the update is released. If not, it will go into my gaming PC since my motherboard supports PCIe 4.0. I’ll find a good use for it either way. :)

You know what will make it even harder to get a PS5?

I bet that is fake.

Ratchet and Clank is now free in the store.

Anyone play Outer Wilds on a PS5? It was on sale for $15 so I picked it up. Except I’m having issues that no one else seems to be having, all the threads about the game are pre PS5 though.

There is a blue stone in the observatory that’s supposed to mess with gravity or something. As soon as I saw it I started having controller issues. Saw the stone and my view went sideways and I got stuck under a ramp. Got out, but then every couple of minutes my view would change suddenly. Restarting the game didn’t fix.

PC for me. That stone should let you walk on the wall it’s on, so that’s why your view goes sideways I imagine. But once you’re off the wall nothing like that should happen anywhere else…

This almost sounds like controller drift (it’s not always slow/steady and can be sudden jerky like you describe). Does the game have a deadzone adjustment? If you’re not seeing it in other games the deadzone may just be too sensitive in that game but your controller may unfortunately also be defective.

Thanks, but I don’t think it’s the controller because it’s not happening in other games. Also, it only seems to start happening after I see this particular stone in game.

Bolts may be the best-sounding thing to collect ever. I’m glad everyone has one less barrier between them and sweet, sweet bolts.

Yeah, seems as though that isn’t legit which is good for those who want to get a PS5 at some point.

Well, you can skip walking past that stone in the beginning but they do feature in some later locations. Maybe it’ll be fixed by the time you get there :)

No more movies or TV shows from the PlayStation store.