PlayStation 5

I think was just graphics issues, it might have been patched since that list, as I noted was a few months old.

Worth nothing that you can add an external USB SSD to the PS5 for your PS4 games. That’s as fast as it gets without burning precious internal storage on them.

Interesting move.

Seems kind of weird, since Sony can just enforce strict limitations on what can be installed on a ps5.

Yeah, doesn’t make a heck of a lot of sense. Maybe it’s required for cross-platform multiplayer games? Or if people try to add a man-in-the-middle and modify the network stream?

Can I opt to not have it? Don’t want to brick my console.

That HotStock app did it for me, thanks to the tip on using it from @stusser who mentioned it in the GPU thread. Just happened to catch a notification during the lunch hour today for the PS5 being available at Best Buy (Canada), and after a couple short waits with progress bars, I got it ordered, processed, card charged, and now shipped.

For someone who was only casually watching for it, that’s some great luck. Picked up an extra controller at Amazon to go with it, but the media remote and charging station are out-of-stock everywhere I’ve found so far.

And homemade pecan pie, so all is well with the world.

Try Sony direct for the Media remote if they will ship to Canada

Well done! Hotstock + patience is the way to go. I got a XSX with it myself, also casually.

Picked up this 3rd party charger a couple of weeks ago and like it so far. The ones that use the contacts on the bottom of the controllers are a few bucks more but I much prefer that to using the USB ports.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08PBS4M26/ref=emc_b_5_t

It appears, if you want to pay the big bucks for a bundle, Sears has them in stock:

https://www.sears.com/tvs-electronics-gaming/b-1347529268?Brand=Sony&offer=Free%20Shipping&filterList=Brand|offer&sortOption=UNITS_HIGH_TO_LOW&subCatView=true

They do a terrible job of explaining what’s in their $1100 bundles. Visually I don’t see more than $800, and that feels charitable. It’s very weird.

That’s because it’s not Sears itself, but a marketplace seller (i.e. scalper).

Arg, thanks for catching that. Everyone’s running a marketplace now? I still default to thinking in terms of physical stores and brands.

I like how that seller says it’s $400 off…some price.

Yep, Amazon kicked that off, it’s incredibly profitable to allow sellers to use your warehousing, shipping, and commerce for a cut.

Today I learned that Sears still exists.

Sony will be giving always some games.

Horizon Zero Dawn will be free to own beginning on April 19th at 8PM PT / 11PM ET and through May 14th

Before the Horizon Zero Dawn promotion goes live, there’s a huge stack of other excellent games you can claim for free on PS4 and PS5 as well: ABZÛ, Enter the Gungeon , Rez Infinite, Subnautica, and The Witness . Additionally, Sony will offer four PSVR titles for free: Astro Bot Rescue Mission , Moss , Thumper , and Paper Beast.

That’s an amazing Vr collection. Astro Bot is the best game. Moss and Thumper are both wonderful for the visuals.

Thank you Gamepass :)

Nice! No PS5 optimized mode for Horizon, yet, though, right? That was one of the first games I tried on mine, but being stuck at 30fps made a poor impression compared to Ghost of Tsushima and Miles Morales.