PlayStation 5

Nice list of free games! It’ll be great to replace the physical version of Astrobot that came with my PS VR with a digital copy I can use on my PS5 DE.

Heh, definitely. The pack-in of VR Worlds was enough to teach me that physical VR discs should be avoided whenever possible.

Well that’s cool.

Yeah, that’s an excellent list, both VR and otherwise. I have yet to try VR on my PS5, even though I ordered the adaptor and received it very quickly. So these games will get me to do that. Plus I’ve been really hoping Beat Saber will serve as a good workout on occasion. It’s been on my wish list for awhile but never seems to go on sale.

Awwww, I already own all these.

This part is genius. More reason to get PSVR one day.

Speaking of PSVR…

Sweet. That seems better than their PS4 stuff. Much more specifically designed for VR.

Internets are telling me that Amazon will have the PS5 in stock today.

and the window they were all claiming is already past with no restock in sight.

I had to look that to make sure it was a real word.

It is. (Bewitched, basically).

Walmart is supposed to have them. That was on Wario’s Twitter this morning

Yay, the wishlist has returned to the web version of the Playstation Store. Finally!

Not having a wishlist was really great for my wallet. I’ll try to break the news to him gently.

Yeah I see that, 3pm!

What did everyone end up doing with their PS4?

I still have three PS4s in the house. The Pro will never go anywhere but I’ll be taking one of the standards to my girlfriend’s place so they can use it there.

I’m going to put the Pro at one of the PCs for possible streaming or just playing at a desk if I’m so inclined.

I was just thinking that my PS4 is the first Sony hardware I’ve ever owned that I’ve never had any problems with. As such, I’ve grown quite attached to it, and will probably keep it as long as it keeps functioning, even after I get a PS5.

I traded mine in to GameStop, alongside the few disc games I had for it. It was the original model and had been having intermittent hardware issues, so I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of keeping it around for very occasional use, or the karma of selling to a stranger and having it die shortly thereafter.

I did that with my PS2 phat, traded into Gamestop to help me purchase a PS3 phat. I remember holding my breath while the Gamestop guy tested it. At home, 9 times out of 10 when I put in a disc, it didn’t recognize the disc, so I had to keep ejecting and putting it back in until finally it worked. I’d never sell that to a person, but to Gamestop, I was willing to risk it. And what do you know, my PS2, for once, actually behaved! It loaded up the disc on the first try.

This for sure. I’m going to move my PS4 to my bedroom where once my wife leaves for work in the morning, I still have 2 hours till I leave so I can just wake up and fire up PGA TOUR 2K1…I have played so much of that game, playing every morning in bed will be awesome.