PlayStation 5

Which isn’t a great comparison since the PS4 isn’t backwards compatible and the PS5 is.

Wow its taller than I thought it would be .

That is pretty great.

Well that is definitely fun.

My daughter made this, but it was my idea, so feel free to blame us both:

If you haven’t watched the stream yesterday or even if you have I highly suggest you watch this analysis from the Digital Foundry guys. The quality is much better then the live stream and listening to their input while the vids play is a lot more informative than just game sounds.

That said, Lost Legacy is probably the best Uncharted game.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Returnal. When I went back and saw the whole presentation, this was one of the only games in the presentation that was really intriguing.

I like that there are several games now that are working on infinite loop structures into game narratives.

So I was wondering about the stream quality as it was pretty poor at times. Reading the DF article it was only 1080p30. WTF Sony. This was clearly a prerecorded video why wasnt it offered at 4k60? Get with it.

I really liked the idea and look of Returnal.

Because the people working on it were all working from home and it would have been an enormous hassle to pass around 4K60 pro res video files on residential internet, assuming they even had computers powerful enough to render a 75 minute 4K/60 video file.

Lol wouldn’t a file like that be like 70gb?

Not that bad, you just do it in h.265. Certainly wouldn’t want to upload raw video files of course.

Via Eurogamer.

Image credit: GREB07 on reddit.

That one even has the PS3 for comparison.

Microsoft hasn’t announced their slate of first party games yet though. That’s what the event in July is going to be for.

The event in May was - regardless of its quality - always intended to only show 3rd party games.

Dude, Flight Sim!

You’re right, that’s two. I expect there’ll be a Forza too, right? Maybe Gears 6 for Xmas 2021.