PlayStation 5

They bought Obsidian so a Fallout style RPG like Outer Worlds at some point after that multiplayer Honey I Shrunk the Kids game.

And specifically, 3rd party games that were releasing on Xbone with enhanced modes on the XSX. All the 1st party stuff is indeed coming next month.

The problem with Microsoft is if you care about the new console generation than you only care about third party games that Microsoft has paid to be XSX exclusives. They’ve already said that first party games will support the X1 for the first year, so none of their games will be built taking full advantage the fast storage system and CPU. So it’ll just be games that are a bit prettier on the XSX.

That’s another one, the shrunken kid game, also a console exclusive. All XSX first-party games will be out on PC, which makes me very happy (but certainly not buying a XSX).

It’s like the XSX is saying “fuck it, I’m a PC” while the also-a-PC PS5 is trying to hide it by being tall.

I do wonder how many games shown at Sony’s event will be exclusive to PS5. There only seemed to be a couple like Ratchet which obviously seem like it needs it.

That ain’t it. Digital Foundry said Sony did the same thing for the PS4 Pro reveal a few years ago.

They won’t show next Gears game. Just the Series X update of Gears 5.

Yup, total snorefest. I really do think this generation is kind of boring. The only game that caught my interest was RE8… and thats because RE7 was really good. Looks like a throwback to RE4 in first person 3d!

What does it matter anyway, the best game ever made for all mankind is coming out on Friday. It will teach you about humanity and ethics… like we never watched a post apocalyptic show before… wait thats another thread! LOL game reviewers.

That’s the official reason they gave well ahead of the event.

You’re free to not believe them, but given everything going on I’m willing to cut them some slack.

Then how did they have full 4K stand alone trailers available? How did those people work from home do that? Why did they do the same crappy stream years ago for the Pro launch? You can believe their “official” PR excuses but its BS.

All the videos needed to be stitched together into one video. Plus who knows what they were getting from 3rd parties.

I will buy one whenever Demon’s Souls will be out. Maybe, maybe there will be DLC with the missing arc stone…

I’m watching the Digital Foundry video where they watch the conference again and talk over it. It’s interesting watching them be optimistic about Sackboy Adventure.

It reminded me that LittleBigPlanet is probably the greatest disappointment of all time for me? Or at the very least it’s in the top 5 most disappointing games of all time for me, behind stuff like MOO3 and Baldur’s Gate maybe. So just judging by the video, Sackboy Adventure really does look great. But then, LittleBigPlanet looked really great too, so it’s easy now for me to shortcircuit that part of my brain that might like what I’m seeing in Sackboy Adventure and just go “no”.

If you don’t want to be disappointed in Sackboy Adventure, just play Super Mario 3D World instead

Look I’d be playing Mario Odyssey right now if I could buy a damn Switch

Because it’s way easier for publishers and developers to directly upload full quality versions of their finished trailers to YouTube than it is to have them all shared with a remote editor (probably multiple editors, plus the 3D graphics people) working from home.

Microsoft has been pushing their delivery technology which downloads the assets for the game based on the requesting console. So it’s at least theoretically possible for a game to be fully optimized for XSX and still run on XOX.

Is it bad for MS that PC gamers will buy MS games on PC and not buy Xbox? I don’t think so, they will probably make more money this way, HW is not quite as profitable as software…especially on PC where games keep selling for years and years…if they are good.

MS’s most important thing to have to focus on will be game quality, they completely fumbled that during Xbone generation, most of their games were somewhat mediocre (Forzas being the usual exception). Here is hoping the studios they acquired will be given the resources and support to craft some truly world class AAA games, preferably un-infested by microtransactions and other corporate bullshit.

I wonder if Obsidian is going to show some new RPG. Playground will probably show Fable 5, Initiative might show something, 343 will have Halo Infinite, Coalition…probably nothing since Gears 4 was recent, Compulsion and Double Fine might have something, then there will be Hellblade 2…and new Forzas.

It will still be a game design built with the Xbox One’s limitations in mind, though. No cross-gen game will be able to replicate the rapid rift jumping seen in the PS5 Rachet game unless they reduced all the asset quality to something sub 360 level.