Please help my wife just walked him with half her family and served me papers

I’ve been very withdrawn here at the house with my Dad’s health failing rapidly. Jen just walked into the Ouse with a bunch of people including a court person? Served me divorce papers, refused to talk to me, and is packing her stuff up. I’m huddled in the bred room not sure what to do. I’m devastated and think I’m going to fall apart.

I care about her and love her.

Ugh. I’m so sorry Jeff.

What? Did this come from out of nowhere?

So sorry. Just try to keep it together and know there are a ton of folk here that care.

That is awful and I’m so sorry you’re having to go through it. Anything you need, name it. Sent you a PM also.

Her family won’t let me talk to her, and she won’t talk to me. I just don’t understand this. We literally just spent a whole day Christmas shopping and picking out glasses 3 days ago. Had a real nice time. I’ve just been super depressed lately due to my father.

Damn dude, that’s cold. I don’t know what to say that wouldn’t sound trite, but I am sorry you’re going through this. Are there any friends or your family that you can hang out with?

My Dad won’t make it another month, my health is precarious as is my pyschee. I don’t understand how someone could do this. I would never do this to I cared about.

That sucks Jeff. Sorry to hear that, especially so out of the blue. I don’t have much to add, but it lease take care of yourself in this, and keep your chin up.

When I was in the hospital 2 years ago she cheated on me. This guy That was giving her a ride to work told her all the right things and she wanted that. What was awful was she was bringing him to the hospital, left him in the lobby, saw me, then went on her way with him. But I worked though the infidelity with her and I wanted to stay and fix things and she did too I thought.

Oh god Jeff, I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Jeff, I’m so sorry to read this, bud. Please hang in there. Call a friend or buddy, do whatever you need to do to talk through it outside of dealing with her.

Sometimes life stacks up difficulties on you and what you have going on right now especially so. You are OUR friend and we care about you.

This is heartbreaking to hear and I’m sure infinitely worse to go through. Don’t leave, but avoid getting in the way of her or her family while they’re there. Reach out to any friends of YOURS who are nearby and ask them to swing by for a little moral support. Plan on having friends and/or family get togethers this weekend. Ask any friends for lawyer referrals and reach out to one ASAP.

Jeff,

So sorry. A word of practicality. Don’t sign anything until you talk with your own legal representation.

Jeff – I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. My advice, for what tiny amount it’s worth, is to try not to spend any emotional energy on trying to figure out why or how to make it right.

She doesn’t want to make it right. Given your description, she’s done. Do your best to let it go and move on with friends and family that do want to be part of your life.

I’m so sorry, Jeff.

As others have said, avoid doing anything rash. Be deliberate in changing what you can, accept what you can’t change, and know that a year after this wraps up (regardless of the conclusion) most of the pain will have faded significantly.

Edit: and of course, much sympathy. Relationship problems are one of the worst sources of misery in my experience. But time helps enormously.

Very sorry to hear that. You need to get your own attorney right away.

Echoing advice not to make any hasty decisions.

I’m talking my friend through something similar, and he’s going out of his mind. Incredibly stressful.

Holy fuck. JP that’s terrible. Repeating, do nothing until you retain a lawyer.

You seem like a really nice guy who has gone through and continues to go through a lot. I’m sorry to hear this. Hang in there.