Pomplamoose - The Hyundai Christmas Music Duo

I fucking hate Pomplamoose. They were bad enough as hipsters who destroyed good songs on YouTube. Now they are hipsters you see shilling a Hyundai on TV.

I rest my case.

TRUE DAT. If it’s good enough for Michael Westin…

Eh. If Pomplamoose wasn’t a hipster duo I wouldn’t like their music any more. They are just incredibly overrated among the few people who care about them.

The things is, as far as I’ve seen, the people who like them say stuff like “Oh yeah, those guys are cute. I really liked their cover of (insert song here).”

Whereas the people who dislike them seem to hate them with the red hot passion of 1000 suns. If there’s incredible oversomething happening I don’t think it’s really coming from the folks who like them.

I really liked the song they did with Ben Folds and Nick Hornby.

I don’t remember anybody saying “Pomplamoose is better than Sonny and Cher” or “Pomplamoose is far more talented than the Carpenters ever were” or “Pomplamoose will give the Beatles a run for their money.”

I don’t even remember anybody saying “Pomplamoose is better than most Americal Idol contestants.”

So basically Hugin is right. 1000 suns of hate vs. “hey these guys are fun.”

Color me confused.

I thought I liked her voice a lot, but you’re right. I do like the texture of it, but it has the emotional impact of piece of junk mail printed on recycled paper.

I finally tumbled to what I liked about Nataly Dawn’s voice: it reminds me of Ida Maria (who I only recently discovered but like a lot!). She starts with a similar breathy restraint then opens up.

Also, screw any one who covers Beyonce’s Single Ladies and fails to to the choreography step for step as the Dan Band did - with no edits!

I just stumbled on them while looking for this. I quite liked them. Now after reading this thread I am ashamed.

It’s okay. I hated them from the commercials, and then stumbled onto their music from this thread, and found myself liking them as well.

Hyundai might have just found something worse than Pomplamoose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvS5VyrOVQ

what the fuck i don’t even who the shit?

So I googled, and it is this…

http://www.jessicamusic.com/2011/05/people-of-walmart/

and I feel worse.

They’re cool. I like what they’re doing. Lots of music I listen to is subjectively “better,” but I think it’s refreshing to see talented people pursuing their craft in a homegrown, independent way and actually finding success doing so. I’ve never seen the commercial they’re in, just watched a lot of their YouTube vids and bought their first EP.

I don’t care about the so-called hipster thing - I only ever see that term used by people trying to justify hating something that isn’t trendy / cool / unknown enough for them. Ironic, no?

That sounded like a King of the Hill skit.

H.

I usually see people using it to justify hating obnoxious people who try too hard. I don’t fall behind every last internet hatred meme of the weak, but I completely understand hatred of hipsters.

Pretty much. People use hipster like they used the word emo 5 years ago. Its become an all encompassing term for internet nerds to use to filter their rage.

I liked hipster hating better before it was mainstream.