Portal is Game of the Year

Valve time.

Remember, 3drealms used to be all cutesy about their missed release dates too. That sort of thing is all very 2004.

I got flamed for saying that about id. I don’t even mind it with Valve anymore, since they still put other games out and have Steam to stay involved with gaming. But the guys that haven’t released a game in 6 or 7 years seem kind of quaint.

they can present Portal 2 at EA conference or at Microsoft conference, the surprise is probably related to the game not an announcement of Episode 3 or other new game. Although a small new game shipped with Portal 2 would make sense, repenting the model that made portal one a success.

I highly doubt that’s what made Portal successful.

Of course the quality of the game is what made it sussseful, but the fact that it was a smaller game bundled with a establish franchise made it reach so many players right from the start, otherwise it would take more convincing to make people buy the game. Also it would probably would have been only a digital distribution that wouldn’t reach the same amount of people as the orange box did on a physical and digital format.

Mee! MEEEE!!!

With Left 4 Dead, Valve finally got episodic gaming right.

My prediction is Valve is making a DOTA.

Team Fortress DoTA

Defence of the Ages?

Almost. If I could play L4D1 maps in L4d2 without mods, yeah, that would be just right.

When I read Shadari’s comment, I imagined it with a giant pair of rolling eyes at the end.

Probably. Still!

Yes, or a clone there of.

As one should do when reading any of my comments.

Deadpan sarcasm is only diminished by eye-rolls.

The more I think about this the more I like it.

This is pretty much Monday Night Combat.