Possible 'Frasier' revival?

But without Mac.

True - also no Harry or Christine or Selma. But Richard Moll is still kicking, as is Marsha Warfield, maybe they’ll turn up? And what if they got Brent Spiner back to play Bob Wheeler again? The mind boggles.

Awful lot of talk about the new Night Court show in this Frasier thread. Especially by the guy that created the thread discussing the new Night Court show. :)

Ahem; I created both threads, thank you very much. Now I’m going to go post about Frasier in the Night Court thread.

Bebe Neuwirth will be returning as Lilith.

IMDB tells me she showed up in 12 episodes! That’s quite a few more than I remember. (Clarification: In the original Frasier).

Reminder of how utterly gorgeous Bebe Neuwirth was during that era.

I see you are a man of refined tastes. Yes, they had to tone her down big time for the role of Lilith.

Peri Gilpin will be back as Roz in a “guest” capacity -

I am watching Frasier for the first time (never saw Cheers either).

It is great, such a comfort food kind of show. Whenever I eat at home, I watch Frasier, heh. Just saw the Roz in Doghouse episode.

Frazier is such a great stage comedy, complete with stage…wings?

Upstage left - Daphne’s bedroom wing
Upstage right - Frazier’s bedroom wing
Downstage left - Kitchen
Downstage right - Bathroom/Ext hallway

The way the characters fly in and out of these areas to create classic comedy is perfect.

And don’t forget Tom as a barista!

I agree. I also hadn’t watched Cheers but for years I loved watching Frasier.

The first season was amusing enough but the episode that really hooked me on the show was the season finale of that first season (My Coffee with Niles). Where Niles asks Frasier if he’s happy, and after an episode of Frasier interacting with everyone he knows, he answers Niles.

I watched it as it aired, and was hooked from the very first episode, during the exchange between Frasier and Daphne where she says (from memory, unfortunately): “I’m a bit psychic. It always seems to be strongest around that time of the month.”
To which Frasier replies something like, “Well, Ms Moone, thank you for coming by, we’ve got everything we need to know about you…and a dash extra!”

Jane Leeves’ and Kelsey Grammer’s performances of those lines were just chef’s kiss. I was dying.

And yeah, “My Coffee with Niles” was great, as was the one where Daphne goes over to help Niles fix a special dinner for a returning Maris, only to have Maris not return and Daphne end up in a nightgown and the power goes out, leading to Frasier’s outburst when he finds out:

Frasier:
“My God, it’s a recipe for disaster! You’ve got a vulnerable woman and an unstable man in a Gothic mansion on a rainy night! The only thing missing is someone shouting “Heathcliff!” across the moors!”

I watched it as it aired too.

That probably means I missed some episodes. On the other hand, back in those days summers were great for re-runs and catching any episodes you missed during the season. And then the show was on daily after season 5 I think as it went into syndication, so I caught up on even more missed episodes. I wish there was a way to know which episodes I might have actually missed and just watch those.

Well, you can always go to imdb.com and see the brief descriptions of the episodes (probably best done on a computer). Can’t remember which streaming service is carrying it. Hulu maybe?

Paramount+ has them all in the US. I have that. Brief descriptions don’t really help unfortunately, it’s been too many years.

Edit: Oh wow, Hulu and Peacock have them all too.

I should really revisit those old Frasier episodes. I remember really loving them.

Nice thing about watching them on streaming is that they don’t cut parts out like they do in syndication on cable or whatever.