Post your pet!

Glad to hear the procedure went well.

Very glad to hear she’s back and recovering. Get well, Athena!

No back home update?

Athena’s home! She’s mostly sleeping and she’s high on pain meds. Docs said she did great and the techs said she’s the sweetest kitty ever.

I had a nice blanket in her protective little tent (her mobility needs to be limited for a couple of weeks) and she got up off it and curled up in the litter box. She loves her boxes. So, comfy blanket is now in her favorite Amazon box. Box-shaped cat bed arriving tomorrow, though she may prefer the box it comes in.

She’s been good about meds. She’s really tired, but she’s going to be fine once she recovers, so that makes me SO happy.

Not pictured: The cone of shame. :( Soft version coming tomorrow.

I’d be smashing that like button if there was one.

Glad she is home and resting, but all I can see is cat litter getting kicked into her water. :-) Although, I guess it’s safe for a few days.

That’s a pretty high up cut for a leg injury.

Yeah, the water is out now… This is a new experience and we’re all learning. :)

She fractured the femoral head at the top of her rear leg – basically the ball that goes into the hip socket. That’s why the incision is so high up. They actually just remove the femoral head on cats typically, rather than trying to reattach it with pins, because there’s less risk of infection and other complications. Apparently scar tissue will rebuild the joint and she’ll have more of less full use back without the bone being repaired.

She’s on the bed with me right now purring up a storm when she’s awake and then falling back to sleep from the meds. At a bunch of Churu treat and drank water out of her bowl – appetite is back in force.

Sooo thankful!

The joy of seeing the cats eat heartily after a return from the hospital is beyond my ability to describe in words.

What an adorable photo. So glad she is ok.

Bombs enjoying the morning sun, but annoyed with the camera.

There is something about a cat lounging in a sunbeam that always make me smile. Oh to be that relaxed! Bombs is lovely.

11-month old Logan says no matter how big the challenge, never give up.

Funny :-)

Good luck for a quick recovery!

They look all snuggly :-)

Awesome!

Nice pics everyone. I loved my cats when I was a kid. Nothing beats a purring cat.

My wife is a dog person and my son really wanted a dog.

Tater is quite possessive of Alistair.

After nine months, First Contact has been established and Tater allowed me to pet her–and seemed to really enjoy it! To the best of my knowledge (and of the rescue where she’d spent four of the first five years of her life) this is the first time she’s ever been pet.

Awww, so nice that tater is bonding with you both.

Aawwww sweet tater tot.

She is sweet, and very tiny, but also not to be trifled with. She gives off serious Charles Bronson vibes at times.

Aaawwwwww

Oh I keep forgetting to share this one. These two I think are finally, after a year or so, starting to get along.