Post your pet!

Thanks! That’s Skittle, and she’s my rescue cat. The best we can tell is that she was several months old when we got her, so she’ll be turning 5 around right now through July.

I’m always amazed at just how calm and elegant she appears to be in a lot of her photos. The irony is that she is easily the most skittish little creature I’ve ever come across, not to mention, extremely vocal!

Skittle is snuggling up to her older sister, Pita. Pita used to have none of that shit, but after several years of persistence, Skittle gets her way a lot, now.

Here is is the youngest of my three girls, Umbra, enjoying the afternoon sun in the back porch. She turned 3 in March.

Here we have a raptor fight between my Golden (Daltrey) and my brother’s (Triton)

I’ve had very skittish cats. It’s kind of crazy how they live their lives like that, only WITH us. I remember my last one would wander in while I was on the toilet looking for her 5 minutes of allowed rubbing and petting for the day. Side note: why do cats love this time? At any rate, you’d see her and she would come -near- you during the day but she was so aloof. Her brother was the exact opposite. He was deaf and the coolest cat I think I’ve ever owned.

I love the Umbra pic, don’t know you that’s got to be an amazing cat spot for the sun during the day.

Wow! That’s incredible, because unless she’s in the middle of an epic snooze, Skittle ALWAYS comes to visit me when I first go into the bathroom - the other two will visit as well, but not nearly as often. She’s not aloof, however, and she will let you rub her head and ears forever.

My porch is west-facing, so it’s a fantastic spot for the cats to relax during the mid-spring through mid-autumn - especially in the evenings. Since I live up in Ontario, the porch is unfortunately closed off to them through the colder months, so they get really excited when it finally gets warm enough to open it up for them.

We currently have a dog that does this now as well. In her case it is trying to let me know it’s time to take her out to pee. I always felt like in the cats case, they just know you’re alone in there and it’s time for loving, as strange as that seems.

All my northern coworkers are celebrating that spring is finally here. Most of the snow has melted or is close and softball season just started. Here’s hoping it’s not a blazing hot summer.

I’ve always assumed the cat either likes the acoustics or the smell.

It is definitely a thing for some cats. Athena will come in and headbutt me when I’m in there. She almost never does that in any other context.

Sure is; mine has a routine for when I go to take a shower; once he hears the water come, he’ll race from wherever he is in my place and situation himself between the shower curtain and the sheet, walking right up to the wall and ducking his head in to watch the water fall from the showerhead, mesmerized. Then a few minutes later, he’ll leave with a slightly wet head. He’s almost six years old, and this has been “a thing” every day of his life (speaking of habits; he’s also received pills almost every day and he still gets grumpy about those).

my young, 12 months old cat is also fascinated by water, my 5yrs old cat is never ever near water.

My cat used to really like being in the bathroom when I’d go to take a shower, but without the same level of ritual. But she’d sometimes do the same thing and it always triggered a fear reflex in me to see a moving object suddenly appear on the other side of the shower curtain.

I do think it’s funny the habits cats develop and I do think ritual is the right term for them. Right now she gets put to bed(and given wet food) right after our kid goes to bed. So when they come out to get ready for bed she comes running to roll around on the floor, always in the exact same spot, outside their bathroom. Once they come out she gets pets and then is usually all set to head down to bed herself.

Pita, in particular, enjoying the plants, again (they all really love the plants).

Somebody must’ve come by the house and kidnapped my cute blue-eyed puppy, and left this green eyed terror in his place!!

He’s beautiful.

Pita reminds me of @BrianRubin 's Matilda, I believe? She seems cute, just checking out the sights from the windows, Dad. :)

And Lloyd, that pup looks so soft. How’s his demeanor?

Well-remembered!

Indeed - Brian and I are tuxie-cat…owner…brothers!

Also, that picture of Matilda is just gold.

Hard to tell.

He’s very sweet when he’s calm, but he’s teething and chewing stuff, and he gets excited and bites everything, including me.

And I’m on medication that makes me bruise and bleed easily, so I currently look like I’ve been boxing with Edward ScissorHands.

I’m waiting for a call back from a friend that’s a dog trainer to see if we can cut the biting off in the bud.

Definitely try that. I have only one friend with Weimaraners, he has two. He didn’t handle them well when young and now they are an absolute terror if they get out in the neighborhood. And if they don’t get out they are stir crazy by themselves and for the family when indoors. My buddies wife is tiny and she struggles taking them outside because they are heavy and very strong pullers.