Post your pet!

That is ridiculous. I’m at the office but I can hear my wife’s “OH MY GOD THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE” from here. ;)

They’re 3 year old sisters. Absolutely inseperable. They’re mostly Chihuahua, but seem to have a few other breeds tossed in for good measure.

Kind of like Kevin, if I show my wife this picture the comment will be the same. 3-4 times a day she will walk over to me while I’m working just to show me puppy or dog pics. She loves any small dog, but chichis and mixes especially. If I show the pic to our lone female chihuahua she will probably growl at me for disturbing her nap time.

We’re moving soon which is giving the cats plenty of time to indulge in their favorite hobby of “getting into things they’re not supposed to be in”

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

(it’s really difficult to get a good picture of a skittish black cat)

1. Yeah, this is my bag now, deal with it.
  2. You are in my space and taking my photo without my consent.
  3. Oh shit, I thought I was invisible in here!

Nailed it!

I told my wife if she weeded the garden it would just sprout new and different weeds. This one is most peculiar.

As narrated by David Attenborough …

“Here we see the catnap invading a home user’s garden. Though originally thought to be from the same family as catnip, catnap is thought to have developed independently from a branch of eukaryota that crossed between plants and mammals.”

It’s a cat bed. They love that thing.

I damn near hosed down my iPad reading that.

Kirby joined the household about a week ago. He is very kitten.

Kirby is adorable! So fluffy.

I purposefully stay away from the Loss of a Pet thread as I went through a long period where I was mourning the pet I had bought for my daughters. I didn’t want to, as I regularly hear most fathers say, but eventually caved. After we lost him traumatically after 10 years and it affects my family but for me, it was more over time. I couldn’t bring myself to have another dog, though the pull was always there and even stronger as the empty nest really got to me. I finally gave up and got a puppy last week.

This is Buddy, 11 weeks here, his mother was a service and therapy dog and his father was a hunting dog. Pure Chocolate Lab. He is the sweetest and chewtastic thing in my life right now. He makes it pretty hard to take a photo as he has the uncanny ability to turn his head when I have my phone ready.

Awesome picture, he has “you are my everything” look.

Dogs are gifted at that, aren’t they?

Congrats to Buddy on his new home and you on your new best friend!

I had one lab growing up (blonde) and my best friend in high school had a lab as well (chocolate.) They are masters at wanting to have fun with YOU whatever you are doing; sitting, sleeping, riding around, swimming, camping, walking, running, throwing things, taking naps, whatever. They are wonderful dogs, and smart to boot.

He looks like he’s ready to play!

He is always ready to play, and yes everything is play. I’m also fortunate he is very smart. It has only taken 3 days to get him comfortable in a kennel, use a bell on the door to go potty, sit and understand the pack dynamic so far. What he doesn’t seem to grasp yet is that I need to use my feet to walk and loves making me twist and teeter as I try not to step on him and he’s very, very good at finding and infiltrating my blind spot even when I know where he is a second before.

With the small dogs my wife and I have had since we met I have that constant issue. I also have a constant fear of hurting one, especially since I sat on one of them by accident and she limped around for a couple of days with me worrying the entire time. I’ve take a spill before trying not to step on Rosie, she seems to be the worst for it.

With larger dogs they get wound around you sometimes and it’s the same issue only with no way to step over them.

Labs are the best. I grew up with one. My children learned to walk holding on to one. One of the two girls we lost before the pandemic was a lab as well.

@zenblack Buddy looks adorable!

Our pack.
Center is Rose, our first, about 11 years old, seems to be border collie mix (she’s good at chasing our sheep even at her age). She always looks directly into your eyes with deliberate intent and only needs to make a few soft sounds to emphasize what she wants. She always anticipates our next move. Bright girl.

On the left is June, our new dog, about 3 years old who had 2 rounds of puppies before we found her at the shelter. Mainly an Australian Cattle Dog we’re told. She be a Dawg; wavy and happy and slobbery and still much of a puppy after she got past being so tentative when she first arrived. Not the brightest bulb, but has a kind heart. Doesn’t really bark, but kind of squeals when Mai (below) gets going.

On the right is Mai, about 5 years old. An imp. Mainly a NYC dog my daughter picked up at a shelter there, used to Manhattan sidewalks and parks. Seems to be a Chihuahua/Terrier mix. Barky-McBarkface. Very much a cuddle dog at night, squirms into whatever bed has a human in it.

It’s really great that you have rescues. I wasn’t confident enough in my ability to train and maintain a dog to go with a rescue and since there were no other dogs for them to learn from it all has to come from me.

I really wanted a Border Collie but after researching how much they needed in terms of work or energy burn I had to find something that would match more what I could provide so I wasn’t giving my dog a life of frustration because I couldn’t keep up with them. They are so smart and intuitive, I watch a few youtube channels with working Border Collies and I have some envy, that’s for sure.

@Misguided He sure is a cutie and a magnet for people to come to say “Hi”. Beauty and the Beast (me being the beast :).