President Trump Optimism thread

I think he’s more lamenting that those topics aren’t important enough to even warrant a page at all under the new White House administration.

But let me tell you about Meliana’s line of jewelry and how awesome Dear Leader is…

Fair point. I’ve seen a lot of people lamenting that the info was completely nuked from orbit, so I wasn’t sure.

Clinton’s administration would have had its fair share of Goldman Sachs execs, but I didn’t have a worry that she would loot the country like I do with Trump.

Trump didn’t even turnover ownership or whatever to his children of his companies so far. Literally nothing.

The destruction of norms this election, lying on a scale we’ve never seen, the corruption and conflicts of interest, the attacks on the press and the democratic process, the sexual assault…

Even if Trump took no actions for the next four years and was then voted out, we’ve already taken so much damage as a Democracy it could take a generation or more to recover.

I’m still mildly optimistic that Trump is instituting a kleptocracy as opposed to a fascist state. Though the law & order thing coupled with his promise to go full Duterte on crime and drugs worries me a little. (And maybe more than a little when I remember that he told us exactly who is responsible for crime and drugs in his speech announcing his candidacy.)

Uh…

https://twitter.com/sej_singh/status/822559513786126336

There was one moment that made me think he at least contributed and that was when he said our over funded schools are awash in young, beautiful students.

Regarding John Gore, Trump’s recipe for America seems to be to take the worst parts of North Carolina and the worst parts of Kansas and combine them into a giant model of unchecked Republican dreams writ on a national scale.

As a resident of NC, I’m all for him taking them away. :D Ironically, we’ve spent the past 4 years here battling McCrory and his goofballs, so we might have more practice than the rest of the country in standing up to people that make no sense.

It took what, one election after Watergate for America to elect another Republican.

Yea, I don’t know though. Trump won NC when they embraced him with over 50% of the vote, and he doesn’t make much sense a lot of the time.

I’ve accomplished one of the greatest things a human being can accomplish and I’m so happy about it.