President Trump Optimism thread

Not even sure where to post this Jake Tapper/Kellyanne Conway interview, but anyway it’s worth a watch.

http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#/video/politics/2017/02/07/trump-kellyanne-conway-lead-full-interview.cnn

That’s the one in which Tapper gets Conway to admit that CNN is not “fake news.”

Tapper brings some heat at about the 22:00 mark.

Kellyanne is a smoove smoove, though.

How is that smooth? She basically said “The president’s lies wouldn’t be so distracting if you didn’t cover them!”. The mind boggles.

It’s one of the rare bad interviews she’s given. Tapper basically wasn’t going to let her off the hook, so she was forced to admit things the Trump administration is loathe to admit. She didn’t completely blow it like Sean Spicer, but she wasn’t able to maintain her normal Conway cool.

I loved the part where she’s like, “Well, you always cover the lies, but why don’t you ever cover the times he tells the truth?”

Holy shit, bitch. The president telling the truth isn’t fucking news. The president telling straight up lies IS.

Although damned if it isn’t getting to the point where Trump telling the truth IS going to be news.

More her tone of voice and her unflappability. Contrast with Spicer, for example. They’re both handing out shit sandwiches but she does it more effectively. Kudos to Jake for nailing her to the wall, repeatedly.

T[quote=“Telefrog, post:2803, topic:126890, full:true”]
Please use Rosie O’Donnell to portray Bannon from now on.
[/quote]

I saw a suggestion for Rosie O’Donnell to play Trump, and also have Alec Baldwin also playing Trump angrily tweeting as he watches. META!

don’t think we have to worry about that dominating the news cycle any time soon.

That is bloody brilliant

Eavenson brought up to Trump an unnamed senator who was discussing introducing legislation that would require a conviction before law enforcement could seize forfeiture money, joking that “the cartel would build a monument” to the senator in Mexico for passing said legislation.

“Who is the state senator? Do you want to give his name? We’ll destroy his career,” Trump replied, according to Politico.

Leach, who has pushed for civil asset forfeiture reform in Pennsylvania, invited Trump to come after him as well.

“Hey! I oppose civil asset forfeiture too,” Leach wrote on Facebook and Twitter. “Why don’t you come after me you fascist, loofa-faced s***-gibbon!!”

Leach’s spokesperson, Steve Hoenstine, said in a statement the senator’s post was inspired by justified anger:

“President Trump blithely talked about destroying the career of a man who disagreed with Trump on a policy issue. Then Trump laughed about it, which is just what you’d expect from someone who gets his kicks firing people on national television. Trump just continues to undermine democratic norms, America’s system of checks and balances, and the general principle of human decency. Senator Leach is mad as hell about it, as you can see from his tweet.”

Loofa-faced shit-gibbon? Sure he’s not Scottish?

I thought it was the Germans. Damn Senator John Blutarsky

What a great insult. We’ve been too uncreative.

Agree, that is a fantastic one.

I heard that you Mitch McConnell licks you 10 times on the cheek if you break rank.

Yep, I don’t think Trump disapproval gets to 60 without a major crash. The Dems should at this point let the Republicans crash the economy so they have to own it (they probably can’t stop it anyways- but they shouldn’t filibuster over it) . We’re not going to get major change without major pain.

The key is to find a way to strike a balance between keeping the millenials woke, and not scaring off the moderates with violence.

… I don’t know that his approval will sink below 35 any time soon. But I think he could be looking at 60 disapproval by end of next month easy. He has a gift!

OMG if O’Donnell played Trump he would surely have a conniption the likes of which have rarely been seen. I just hope that someone records it with their* phone.

*For the grammar purists “his/her”

This whole thread: