President Trump Optimism thread

Well, yeah, clearly his attitude to the entire press is “you criticise or question me, you’re evil and losers”. But the Acosta thing wasn’t about asking hard questions. Acosta never got to ask a question at all, specifically because he was from CNN.

Sure, he’ll do that to everyone who wasn’t on his side. So basically everyone other than random internet sites and Fox before long.

It turns out that Jeb Bush’s superpac was one of the original sources of funding for the ex-MI6 spy’s report on Trump.

Hilarious.

Welcome to 2017!

On the plus side, there’s now an easy way to bankrupt Trump’s hotel company. Just get a foreign government to book all the rooms.

I have no words. I will need a few days to process all this stupidity, bullshit, weirdness… until I can output any words.

So… I guess they will go along with it then?

He only said he’d turn over profits.

Which he never has right because he writes them off and uses tax loopholes that he is or in some cases is not entitled to.

Warm those nukes up.

That should go over well.

I’m not opposed to the idea of taking a stand against aggressive Chinese actions in the region, it’s just that I’m worried about the reasons (or lack thereof) for this administration in doing so and in the manner they are doing it.

“Well, we have to fight China or Russia, and the Russians own us, so I guess it’s gonna be China.”

What I don’t understand is why the press doesn’t push back on this bullcrap, immediately. As soon as Acosta was shot down why not just turn to his cameraman/camerawoman, indicate “we’re done here”, get up, and walk out. Starve this beast of the attention he so desperately craves. Just release the transcript or something on the site.

Well, at that point it would leave the likes of Breitbart as the sole source of news of the press conference. That’s pretty icky too.

The time to ignore him was the primaries. You can’t ignore the POTUS.

I guess, but ugh, this must not be tolerated. Maybe just show the CNN logo full-screen and use a voice modulator on Trump. Could be fun, even use a pitch modulator or something.

They need to dub his voice of every speech like this.

It’s sort of a moral Tragedy of the Commons. Nobody feels like they alone can make a difference, and if they try, those who remain profit from their absence. They will have to collide to make it happen, but the lure of having exclusive coverage of Trump is too strong to participate. Instead, they just hope the others will do it.

Whelp, Senate Obamacare repeal is through. There were proposals to not repeal the part for covering pre-existing conditions and the part that lets kids keep their parent’s insurance until 26, both failed so it’s just a straight up repeal with no replace in sight.

Now to Congress.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/819505561171591169

Totally cool though, as most Republicans have insurance through the ACA, not Obamacare!