Prime Day

I got 50% off some overnight diapers for my son, so hey, no complaints here. Except for that all I could find worth buying were some overnight diapers for my son. Pfffft.

I got a Fire TV Stick at 50% off. Great price for it. It’s a very responsive device with useful features, especially for Prime subscribers.

Wendelius

What does it do for Prime subscribers? We have a Roku and I can’t see any reason to change or not get another Roku if we want to stream to a second TV.

Been awhile since I used a Roku, but the Amazon interface is nice, there is a quality voice search for Amazon videos, no sign in needed (if that is how you set it up). Amazon Video app may do all of this except the voice, but I don’t know. There are also game apps, if that is your thing.

Someone at Boardgamegeek did a good job of keeping up with all the gaming deals:

Awesome Gaming Deals for Prime Day

We don’t even have Prime now so I suppose there’s little benefit. No sign-in with Roku either, but no voice search.

Anyway, no pressing need for a second streaming device. We watch the one tv and that seems to work well enough. I was curious. Thanks for the info.

I have a Roku and an Amazon fire box. The voice search on the amazon is nice, but it limits its scope to Amazon prime only, whereas the Roku will check for all available sources. I would stick with a Roku.

I managed to score a copy of the Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack at $2.63 for 50 games. Not too bad a deal and helps me to re-live my childhood memories.

It’s baaaaack. Today is Prime Day! We’ll see if Amazon learned their lesson, or if the derisive Tweets win again!

This looks like a good deal. 1TB Xbox One with The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, $50 Amazon gift card, extra Special Edition Wireless controller (2 controllers in the bundle), and Forza Horizon 2. $299.

I bought a car charger that’s probably not much cheaper than usual (1 USB A and 1 USB C port for $12.50), but it’s something I’ve needed for a while. Outside of games (which were easy to browse because there weren’t a lot) it’s been hard to find much else of interest due to sheer volume.

The Wirecutter researches if they’re actually attractive deals, then posts them on their site.

The $50 amazon GC with $10 amazon credit is an obvious choice, everybody should buy that. It’s not like you’re not gonna spend $60 at amazon at some point.

Also, every different Dash button you buy for $0.99 comes with a $4.99 Amazon credit the first time you use it. So that’s an obvious choice too, if you’ll use the product.

There are good deals to be had today. If you have an Amazon Visa, you can get a extra $30 of a $150 order. They have the 10" Fire HD on sale for $149.99 so I added a small item and got an extra $30 off. $130 for a 10" Fire HD is not too bad. They also have deals on all of the Kindle and Fire stuff as well as the Echo.
Locker K is right though, theres a lot of stuff on sale and browsing through is tedious so I recommend that you have an idea of what youre looking for going in and browse by category. Otherwise youre going to slog through a lot of stuff youre probably not interested in.

edited to add visa code: VISA30

Courtesy of SlickDeals, if you have an Alexa-enabled device Uncharted 4 Special Edition is 25 bucks.

The electric pressure cooker I bought LAST prime day is up again, some 7 in 1 thingy. It’s a very good pressure cooker if you have need of one.

The deals do seem to be a lot better this year, though I only ended up buying one thing, as I already have a lot of the stuff that’s got good deals and don’t care about the Amazon hardware. My purchase was an Anker battery pack with Quick Charge 3.0, for a third off. I love my existing one but it doesn’t have Quick Charge

I got that cooker + Doom for $30 for Xbox One. Woo!

I also preordered Titanfall 2 to get my order above $150, so that I could take advantage of the “$30 off for orders above $150 with Amazon VISA” deal going on.

So far I got a replacement Fitbit for my wife who lost hers a few months back and had been complaining about it ever since.

I put a nice big eight-person tent on my “watch-list” but then actually went off and did, you know, my job and lost track of time. When I checked again it’s sold out so now I’m on a dubious-sounding “wait list” to see if someone else drops out.

I was looking seriously at an XBONE bundle deal that has the console and a few games at close to half-off… but then I realized that I still have no desire at all to buy a new generation console and that I’d be buying it to support the approximately four days a year that my kids would use it.

There is a nice webcam that I was considering for my computer that’s $10 off… but I’m just not feeling it.

Same exact idea. The backwards compatibility is super tempting, and that deal is pretty much all you need to get started with the Xbone.

But… I just can’t justify it, when my PS4 gets used so sparingly.

I guess these are deals? Most everything I see is more of the “here’s an incredibly overpriced gadget you barely need…it used to be $250, we’ll give it to you for $230”.

Exciting, I guess.